• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stability issue or something else? (asus p5ne3 + q9650 + ocz3g16004gk)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

markm75

Registered
stability issue or something else? (asus p5e3 dlx + q9650 + ocz3g16004gk)?

I have this combo of hardware, running inside an armor series case with 4 icy dock units in the front..

What is happening is the computer suddenly loses usb ports, keyboard lights out.. totally frozen vista x64.. this can happen in the middle of the night with prime95 running or just in the middle of a vista boot..

Does this sound like a memory stability issue?

I've tried a ton of suggested bios settings out there, but havent found one set that hasnt had this happen.. although i cant seem to find an exact set that matches my 8GB ram combo with the motherboard...

Should the basic test of stability be to run prime95 (blended) for 24 hours.. i'm in the middle of a new set of settings now (1333mhz, normal cpu setting) and its been 8 hours of success..

I was also concerned that the cpu heating up could be the issue, but in the middle of a boot this shouldnt be the case..

(see the other thread under cooling, where i describe my case open temp of 49C, case closed about 56C idle, though now these are down a few more degrees with some tweaking)..

Any thoughts?

Does anyone have this combo of mb + ram (minimal) and/or the q9650 running stable?

Thanks

Last edited:
I should add, i was able to run OCCT mixed mode for 2hrs without a crash, however, just before this, i tried it for the first time and the system froze (no usb glitch though).. puzzled here.. prime95 failed after 10 hours.. i guess ill re-run the occt mixed mode for like 8 hours and see if it tanks

Back