• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stability problems @ 2.5 with 1700+ Tbred B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
to a certain extent if u go running an insaine FSB speed and a crap multi of say 9 then no...stability will be poop.....i wud find ur FSB max stability (using prime95 and burn-in sandra) then take teh FSB down 2mhz...Mine atm, max FSB = 220 but im thick and i just leave it @ 220 :):) max stable speed with this cpu is exactly 2300mhz @ 1.85Vc so i run it @ 2200mhz (10X220) with 1.75Vc

Well I finally received my new ram, the Corsair XMS PC3200 2 sticks of 256mb. Put it in my computer & fired it up. After a lot of readjusting BIOS settings & rebooting I've found that instead of a performance gain (wasn't expecting a big improvment, but a little anyway), I have a performance loss with this new ram. :mad: About the best that I've been able to do is 180 fsb x 11.0 for
2.2ghz with vcore @ 1.8v, chipset 1.7v, mem 8-3-3-2.5 & run Prime stable. Now I don't know what to think. :( I don't understand why this new faster ram doesn't do even as good as my old 1 stick of 512mb PC2700 did. Any ideas anyone?

mabey you have one bad stick - have you tried both seperatly?

I tried that, and that's was it. I ran MemTest with just one stick installed at a time. With the one stick, it just kept comming up with errors :mad: , the other stick checked out ok. But I'm going to RMA both of them, because I bought them as a matched pair TwinX. I'm not too happy with Corsair right now. I'd expect that with maby some genaric value ram or something. But when you pay extra money for a supposedly "quality" product, I expect better than that. If they truly do test & hand pick these XMS sticks, they should have caught that. Anyway I'm going to RMA them back to Googlegear, I hope there as good with RMA's as NewEgg. I was going to buy them there, but went with Googlegear instead, hope I don't come to regreat that.

glad to hear you found the problem. now, do the right thing and dont buy corsair next time lol

I sure won't make that mistake again. ;) I just wonder why the errors didn't show up when I ran MemTest the first time with both sticks installed. Though when I tested them, it was @ default settings on everything.

Back