• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Status 0xc000000f Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

googalabosh

So I'm going to warn that this might be a little confusing but I will do my best.

I built my computer in September '12. I took my old HD out of my laptop and put it in the computer (Note: My laptop came with Win7 Home and I had upgraded it via online download to Win7 Pro). In November of '12 I purchased an SSD and transfered everything from the HD to the SSD. Now I can not remember everything I did after this but to summarise I took many of my external HD's and installed them into the computer. I than performed some partioning and mirroring with a program I downloaded to help me.

Now about a month after doing this I begain to get the error in the screen shot below (See pic that starts "Windows failed to start."). What happens is I will first get a screen with two options (See pic that starts "Choose an operating system"). If I don't choose an option than after a few seconds the "Windows failed to start" screen comes up giving me the Status as 0xc000000f. If during the "Choose and operating system" screen I choose "Windows" than it boots as normal. I do not know what happens if I choose the other option as I have not tried it yet and am not home currently to do so.

Please keep in mind that I do not have the Win7 Pro disk. I believe I have "a" Win7 Home disk but it is not the original disk that was loaded onto the HD in the laptop.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Options.jpg
    Options.jpg
    791.6 KB · Views: 1,048
  • Error Shot.jpg
    Error Shot.jpg
    942.7 KB · Views: 2,803
I forgot one more piece of information. If I have done everything correctly the computer should be booting from the SSD.

Sounds like it is trying to boot from the wrong drive. I would disconnect all other drives except the CD-DVD and the SSD or HDD you are booting from and try again.

Z

Have a look here, I chose this because it has an extra partition and yours probably does as well because it is from a lappy. You can always redownload the upgrade image from the Microsoft store if you have to.

Back