• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 - Resistance Is Futile

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Anyone know if 360 or ps3 joysticks will work with a computer when plugged through usb? or do they have special built in drivers specifically for the said system.

updated, I think I am gonna get Trine, and maybe both CnC games and their expansions.

I've bought Morrowind, Bioshock, and Half-Life so far. And the two first Oddworld games even though they weren't reduced, it's been so long since I originally played those :bday:

Under an hour and a half for the current set, I'm considering Trine.

Anyone know if 360 or ps3 joysticks will work with a computer when plugged through usb? or do they have special built in drivers specifically for the said system.
Is this for Trine? I'd be interested to know too.

Just bought trine. Knowning it can support multiplayer offline. that'll be fun for my son and I :)

Looks likw I will be getting Braid @2.49$,Bioshock @4.99$ and Torchlight for 4.99$ Man those are some killer deals! Good god I love steam.

Is GTA4 worth a crap by now? How is the multiplayer at this point? $7.49.

GTA's still good, apart from the Trainer-users, the ones I come across only use it if they are shot for no reason, and apparently they only work in Free Mode, and not the objective-based modes..

They've definetly fixed the graphics too now, I haven't had lag/crashing since the latest patch and I'm running on high.

Multiplayer in GTA is fun, but it has some problems.

It doesn't really show your ping. It does the red yellow green scale thing, and it seems that the range for green is too great, because sometimes green is laggy, sometimes it isn't.

People from the USA are a minority. This is a problem because ping thing. Last night I was on a "green" server with people from Thailand, Russia, Norway, and the UK, all in the same gameserver. It was laggy stuff.

There are hackers, and not an easy way to kick them from games, unless you are the appointed host for the game. There aren't dedicated servers, so there aren't dedicated admins, and because of this you get a lot of douchebaggery that wouldn't happen if an admin was there to give people the boot.

The game is very CPU intensive. I'm at 3.8 GHz with my E7200 and it bottlenecks my card at medium texture quality. I don't really think the texture quality affects the CPU utilization either. You should be fine with the Q6600.

I don't like having to log into the 3 online systems just to play this game. You need Rockstar Social Club, Games for Windows Live, and Steam. Social club doesn't seem to have any purpose but adding an extra screen to click through on your way to play the game.

For $7.50, I think the game is totally worth it. The multiplayer experience is still fun even with the aforementioned problems. I didn't list any of the strengths for this game, but I think they outweigh the negatives.

that stuff sounds so bad based on principle that I don't think i want to get it.(personally)

non dedicated servers and bad ping, + douches.

I don't know much else about the game, is it 3rd per perspective?

I just picked up GTA IV. For less than 8 bucks, I can have hours of fun!

Rather you than me it never gave me any fun, although it is a good game to have a mess around on i could never really get into it :shrug:

Yes, i thought it was a good mess around as i stated in my last post, it is a good game when bord or not sure which game to play its good to fall back on but i could never get into the story on single player and there are many other games i would pick over its multiplayer.

Just my opinion :shrug:

I got it, but it is taking alllll day to "update" through Steam. Even though I am getting 500-800k/sec. It's been stuck at 32 or 37% all day long. Deleting the clientregistry file doesn't do anything either.

Last edited:
Back