• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stock Haf912 temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sh

Heh, ok I bought a stock haf912, I also grabed an apevia 120mm fan to go along with it (for like 3 bucks)

Served me well for around 2 year or so. However the fans don't seem to be pushing alot of air (this wasn't a problem with my previous set up of just a athlon 2 x3 + 5670 (gpu never got past 60, ever) but with my new setup it is more of a problem.

GPU gets up to 83c (in BF3 for around 5 hours)

My current setup

random 60 mATX dollar mobo
4Gb patriot DDR2 800Mhz
Athlon 2 x3 445 (hyper 212 evo, was a gift)(stock clocks, never gets over 34c. I assume this is because its exhausting heat directly out of the case)
6870 1Gb twin frozr ii

Like I said cpu never gets above 34c, but gpu gets up to 83 ish (room temp is around 25c, and desert temps can get up to around 42c)

Anyone know what CFM fans I am using?

Also I don't want to spend to much, kind of trying to keep it under the 25-30 dollar mark (for atleast 2 fans)

(I checked the air coming out of the case with my hand before putting in the EVO and I couldn't feel any at all. after I put it in it was like night and day.)

All my fans except I think 1 and the cpu fan, are connected via Molex as I only have one fan port on my mobo (I could daisy chain em but meh.)

Take off the side panel and blow air into the case with a house fan. Run tests. Are temps on the GPU a lot less? Like 15+C less?

If yes, Yate Loon Mediums or High speed fans at Sidewinders.

In no, then it's a typical GPU. They get hot.

I don't have a deskfan. I ran it through Furmark for 10 minutes, first 5 minutes I ran with the side of the case on, got to 76c, took the side of the case off without stopping the test and it stayed at 76c

These temps obviously aren't anything to worry about however the sound it makes at 60% fan speed is rather annoying.

I also checked both fans in front. Neither of them are pushing ANY noticeable air, I bet if I turn them off I will get the exact same temperatures thats how certain I am they aren't doing anything.

Couldn't feel a thing, not a breeze or trickle nothin'.

Couple more questions.

Do you have a link to some genuine Yate loons at amazon? (only place I can buy from since they are the only ones I can get gift cards to, well besides ebay)

I heard that there are some fakes YTs around, is this true?

Also how loud is 33DBa? I have my pc right under my keyboard at knee level (so arms length and at knee level when sitting)

99% of the time my house is completely silent so any noise at all is noticeable :/

Edit: nvm bout the link thing. they seem to only have 2 of em on amazon. These look like a good deal http://www.amazon.com/Yate-Loon-120...GW/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1337192282&sr=8-17
But out of stock and 33DBa

Edit: was thinking 1x http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006GYD0EC and 3x http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CK0AGW

Last edited:
Before you buy anything, peel off the label of your fan and pop the lubricant well cover. If it is dry, oil it up. Might give you back your fan.

In the future, if you get a sleeve bearing fan like the Yate Loons, lubricate them before you put them in service, and re-lube them every 6 months or so. They'll last longer.

Here's how.

Before you buy anything, peel off the label of your fan and pop the lubricant well cover. If it is dry, oil it up. Might give you back your fan.

In the future, if you get a sleeve bearing fan like the Yate Loons, lubricate them before you put them in service, and re-lube them every 6 months or so. They'll last longer.

Here's how.

How does that help me at all D:... Are yate loons from Amazon legit?

How does that help me at all D:... Are yate loons from Amazon legit?

If your fan has stopped running lubing it may get it going again.

I'd doubt the YL's on Amazon are the better sort (they're all legit, just some better than others. Petra's Tech Shop has known good YL's. JAB-tech has fans he believes are of the better sort.

If your fan has stopped running lubing it may get it going again.

I'd doubt the YL's on Amazon are the better sort (they're all legit, just some better than others. Petra's Tech Shop has known good YL's. JAB-tech has fans he believes are of the better sort.

Ah I see, How bad are the lesser quality yates? I put in my order and they should be arriving some time this or next week. (I don't have a credit card so I can't buy them from anywhere else)

Ah I see, How bad are the lesser quality yates? I put in my order and they should be arriving some time this or next week. (I don't have a credit card so I can't buy them from anywhere else)

They're OK. But it is crucial to pre-lube and re-lube these fans.

Back