• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stock Voltage of 3.0E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Z-95

Registered
Hay all. Right now I am running my 3.0E at 3.375 with the FSB at 225 and voltages set to auto. I plan on pushing this higher, as I am rock solid here with pretty low temps: 37 low load, 42 high load. If I go high enough, I might need some extra voltage, but the rated specs for Prescots is a pretty big range. If I change from auto, what would be a good starting voltage as a stable base? Thanks!

Yeah, I use that alot. It just jumps from 1.34 to 1.4. I know that is partly due to the P4C800-E mobo, and I don't really want to solder the droop mod on here and possibly kill it. I guess if it comes down to it I'll just pick one and go from there, just wondering if anyone has one/knows what a good base voltage is. Thanks.

Default usually ranges from 1.36 to 1.4 or so. How much to safely increase when overclocking depends a lot on cooling... CPU cooling, case ventilation, whether you have heatsinks on the mosfets, etc. No more than 1.5v, but probably more like 1.45v actual vcore to be completely safe. Check temps.

Yeah, I'm more worried about the mobo in high oc's than the cpu. I got an XP-90 with AS5 and a Vantec Tornado at full speed on it, and 5 case fans full speed. Sounds like a vacuum cleaner, but ultra low temps. Thanks.

Back