• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BruceUSA

I am having this very strange problem. My system is rock solid stable, It never have any problem with crashing or bsod on anything else. But it has a problem with Facebook page. Some times it happened more often, and some other times, it is fine. Every time I am on facebook page and when I am srollimg down as I read the page, my system got a hard crash. If I don't srolling down, let say I am viewing my personal photos or friends's photos, it will be fine, no crashing what so ever. I believed the crashing has something relate to my r9 290x because, it never have this problem before with my HD 6970 cards. Any one here have any of this problem. How can I solve this.

It only happens on Facebook? Besides that, it runs flawlessly?

Yup. Only happened on Facebook page. Everything never has a crash problem. I ran Heaven for hrs no problem and I editing video footages from my 5D Mark III and rendering the final output sometime take 9hrs to complete. The ayatem never crash on anything. I means absolutely will not crash on anything. But the damn Facebook given me problem. I had even tried to run the r9 290x in default and still happens.

Face Book eh?

simply..... don't use face book and use your PC for actual computing and everything will be ok lol.

Friends and family??? Sheet just give them an old fashioned phone call.

Face Book eh?

simply..... don't use face book and use your PC for actual computing and everything will be ok lol.

:rofl: Tho funny I would have to agree. Also I would recheck the browser you're using with FB. I was on something very familiar to facebook....ah yeah it was Parole.

Face Book eh?

I use my PC for everything and anything. Yes I used Facebook often and that, how my friends and family members can see my family photos from around the world. Of course I also used other photo hosting website and link them to my Facebook Page. I used Facebook because all my family members and friends are on Facebook.

Any way, I used Firefox as mine browser and I keep scrolling down try to see if it will crash and it did not crash. Look like IE is the problem. My 2nd desktop that my wife uses and never have any of this problem and she is using IE. OH WELL. I guess I just have to use Firefox for Facebook.

I use my PC for everything and anything. Yes I used Facebook often and that, how my friends and family members can see my family photos from around the world. Of course I also used other photo hosting website and link them to my Facebook Page. I used Facebook because all my family members and friends are on Facebook.

Any way, I used Firefox as mine browser and I keep scrolling down try to see if it will crash and it did not crash. Look like IE is the problem. My 2nd desktop that my wife uses and never have any of this problem and she is using IE. OH WELL. I guess I just have to use Firefox for Facebook.

Well at least it's for the better. You are a trooper for using IE all this time :) :cheers:

You can try updating IE and or it's add ons and see if it help. I'd just stick with FF though.

You can try updating IE and or it's add ons and see if it help. I'd just stick with FF though.

Or downgrading it. IE 10 is more compatable with older versions of HTML (not that it should matter with Facebook) than IE 11. Or it could have even been a bad install, or the download may have been corrupted. However, I think you'll find that FireFox is a much more stable and less bloated browser, and I think you'll like it.

I have had a lot of issues with FF lately and turnnig off HW acceleration seemed to fix it. There appears to be some clash between it and flashplayer I think.

Back