• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange video card issue, could use help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Phynx

Registered
So this morning when I booted up my pc I noticed my screen resolution was set wrong and windows felt slow as well as I had black bars around my screen, so I went to set my resolution back to 1920x1080 and realised windows installed a new video driver, NVidia tesla k10!?
now I can no longer install the proper driver for my galaxy gtx 660ti nor can I fix the resolution (to remove the border around my screen)

I tried reinstalling the drivers, I checked to make sure the card is in properly, I have not moved the case so I doubt it came out of the pci-e slot but checked anyhow, finally I reinstalled windows and still have the same issue.

has anyone seen this sort of issue before? any ideas what else I can try?

pic below;

So did windows recognize your 660ti as a Tesla K10 before any drivers were installed??This was and new fresh install of windows as well correct?
I would try a CMOS clear of the bios and see if that resolves it. Your cards bios version displays correctly but the name is wrong. If this cmos doesn't work then my suggestion would be to contact Galaxy about the problem. The newer vid cards have the ID partially hardwired to the board so I would think if that info is coming through incorrectly then a resistor or other bit must be fouling upand most likely can't be fixed on your end.

Go into safe mode and uninstall the drivers that way. Reboot to windows, and install the new drivers (see if it figures it out then).

Windows detected my 660ti as a tesla k10 as I booted into windows prior to any reformatting yesterday morning, I then reinstalled windows after trying several driver reinstalls
Tried to clear cmos with no luck, also uninstalled the drivers in safe mode, used driver cleaner as well and once I install the latest drivers, it is still detected as a tesla k10.

oddly when I just boot up, it shows the proper name before the bios self test beeps

I contacted galaxy and am waiting for their reply, guess i'll have to rma the card

thanks for the help fella's

One last test if you have the ability to try it in someone elses rig that would rule out the card or your PC as the culprit.

I tried the card in another pc and also tried two new cables, one hdmi and one dvi, same issue
Atm I am using an older amd 5850 in my pc with no issues

About the only thing I can think to do is to find the stock bios for that card and reflash it... though that comes with risks included your warranty being useless.

At this time, I would RMA the card.

Back