• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

strangest error ever?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
At a LAN party once, we were playing UT (It might've been UT2k3, but I'm not sure) and my friend su root's copy crashed to desktop, leaving behind a full screen GPF. It looked like if it could've gone wrong, it did. We had to move the window around to find the 'OK' button. :)

I'll see if he still has the pic :)

...heh, for kicks, I tried out the old "You are an idiot" link, and yup, it still works, just type it into your browser's search bar, it still cracks me up(I'm easily amused). At one time, you COULD NOT shut it down, everytime you attempted to close it, it opened another window, with the same script running, it just killed 98SE, even the "3 finger salute" wouldn't work, unless you had at least 256meg of memory, it ate it all, the only cure was a softboot. Damn that was funny at the time, heh heh heh... :attn:

...when that first came "out", my wife and I used it to shut down a forum created for the sole purpose of slagging other posters from the Sympatico forums. Heh heh heh, most of them thought they had a virus, it was hilarious to see so many slaggers accusing each other of sending them the "virus", hahahahahahaha... :clap: :attn:

...it's like throwing a chunk of pork into a pit full of hungry wolves, they turn on each other in an instant, very amusing to watch, in an ironic sort of way. Not an error, but noteworthy, all the same... :D

This is a serious snapshot of an error I got here at work...I laughed and immedietly thought of this thread. I promise no photoshopping happened, this is a legit error message.

error.jpg

I look after a large suite of programs running on a Unix box. One day myself and the chief user were bored, and thought up a few Haiku to use for errors. Sorry have to keep them secret to protect the guity! :D

The database is Informix, and that has an error -201 which is 'syntax error'. It pops up when Informix can't work out what's wrong with an SQL statement. Oh we love those -201 errors... :mad:

hmm.... i'm surprised we haven't gotten some really strange errors yet. i'm sure they are out there (especially for the many flavorful varients of linux)

Back