• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stuck with ocing phenom II x4 955BE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i have tested for like 20min small blend with prime95 and it seems to be stable.
205x19.jpg

looks like you're on your way to hit 4Ghz, just be sure to run for like 12 hours, I recently BSOD about 9 hours running prime and had to bump voltage up a couple of notches.

i have tested for like 20min small blend with prime95 and it seems to be stable.

Not sure what "small blend" is. Try 208 instead of 205 and it might go a little higher in cpu mhz without too much more adjusting. If 208 works you could try 210 but it is surely trial and error from 208 on if it works. You should have the idea by now.
RGone...

looks like you're on your way to hit 4Ghz, just be sure to run for like 12 hours, I recently BSOD about 9 hours running prime and had to bump voltage up a couple of notches.

Sorry, I just don't agree that you have to pass a twelve hour long Prime95 test to consider you system stable. I mean, what if you had decided to run a 24 hour Prime95 test and you BSOD'd at 23 hr. Does that mean it's not stable?

Sorry, I just don't agree that you have to pass a twelve hour long Prime95 test to consider you system stable. I mean, what if you had decided to run a 24 hour Prime95 test and you BSOD'd at 23 hr. Does that mean it's not stable?

well you don't HAVE TO do anything but I just don't want to BSOD from any circumstance

Last edited:
well you don't HAVE TO do anything but I just don't want to BSOD from any circumstance

I appreciate your thoroughness in seeking for true stability. We get no lack of excited new members who claim some wild overclock and then when we talk them into running Prime95 they come back with their tails between their legs. My contention has always been, however, that the length of the Prime test that needs to be passed before one can feel comfortable that stability has been achieved is at least somewhat dependent on what you will use the computer for and how mission critical the data is you will be working with. I think it is possible to put unnecessary wear and tear on the system with excessively stringent testing routines that will far exceed any demand made on the system in running real world apps.

I appreciate your thoroughness in seeking for true stability. We get no lack of excited new members who claim some wild overclock and then when we talk them into running Prime95 they come back with their tails between their legs. My contention has always been, however, that the length of the Prime test that needs to be passed before one can feel comfortable that stability has been achieved is at least somewhat dependent on what you will use the computer for and how mission critical the data is you will be working with. I think it is possible to put unnecessary wear and tear on the system with excessively stringent testing routines that will far exceed any demand made on the system in running real world apps.
I agree with Trents here. I have always used 2 hours as my rule of thumb for stability, thanks to a suggestion from Trents when I was a new Oc'er. I wanted to see if my rigs were truly stable recently, some members have suggested that being able to run F@H 24/7 will really show if it is stable. So I ran F@H on the 3 rigs I have overclocked, My 8350 in my sig, my 955be @ 4.1 on air and my I5 2500k @ 4.8 on air for 5 days 24/7, None of them crashed. That is stable enough for me.

I've had My 965 stable on prime but it crashed crunching SETI. One major difference between the P95 and F@H or SETI is the involvement of the Video card.

i have run it for like 30min on 208x19 and it seems to be stable

208x19.jpg

i also treid it on 210*19 it was good for like 15-20min.
But then i left home for a few hours and left prime95 on.
When i came home the pc was reboot so it was not stable

It would probably need a bit more juice to be stable at 210 for that 40 extra MHz

You will need to stress test with Prime95 blend for at least two hours to confirm stability.

i have run prime95 blend test for like 5 hours and he stays stable:)
I also changed the fan direction, it first sucked air out of the case and now he blows fresh air into the case.
As result that the cpu is 5 dergees coolor.

208x19new.jpg

Last edited:
Back