• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

suggest me a mobo,case and heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prajwal007

Disabled
Hey guys
this my first build
i will be using amd fx 8350
can you suggest me a mobo with all these features
usb 3.0 , PCIE 3.0 and high oc capacity
as i want to oc around 4.8

and a good looking case with features like
led lightling,side window,usb 3.0 and big gpu around 7.5inch length
idea - corsair spec 3 and 1
NZXT Guardian 921 RB ATX
(Take a look you will get idea)

And a heatsink such as Hyper 212 EVO

Budget
mobo 100usd
case 65usd
the problem with this case is the heatsing size fitting

You will not find a AM3+ motherboard that supports PCIE 3.0.

The ASUS Sabertooth is a very good AM3+ overclocking board.

If you are wanting to get to 4.8GHZ I doubt you will get there with the 212 EVO. It's possible but doubtful. To get you close on air you would have to go with the Noctua NH-D14 or 15. other than that you would have to go for a good water cooler.

As for case that is personal preference. Just search around and find one with all the features you want. We could all suggest a case but they may not fit your tastes. Everybody likes different stuff.

Edit:

Just seen your budget. To get a quality mobo that will support a good overclock you will need to raise your mobo budget.

I like my Silverstone TJo7 case. It's big and the mobo tray slides out for easy access to peripherals.

But, not cheap.

mobo 100usd = oc around 4.8 << In real life those two phrases are n0t like equal at all. At least not for 24/7 use that is verifiable in the normal manner of stress testing for stability indications.

RGone...

mobo 100usd = oc around 4.8 << In real life those two phrases are n0t like equal at all. At least not for 24/7 use that is verifiable in the normal manner of stress testing for stability indications.

RGone...
Agreed! 4.8 will be tough with the CM 212 heatsink as well, unless you get a really low voltage chip! For high overclocks I have a tough time recommending anything other then the Asus 990 Fx Sabertooth or the Asrock 990fx Extreme 9 but are well over the $100.00 budget.

Back