• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sumbeam Rheobus LEDs... how easy to remove?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Radar

I sleep in the same room as my computer and it's way too loud for me right now so I want to get a fan controller. The Sumbeam Rheobus seems like it fits the bill except I can't find the no-LED version anywhere. How easy is it to remove the LEDs from the version with them?

Shouldn't be too hard at all. They are socketed. And you will be wise to remove them, they are frickin BRIGHT!

Yeah they are REALLY bright.

I too have my computer in the same room i sleep in and I had to put it in the second 5.25" bay so my case door would cover it up.

I swear they light up like half my room when exposed.

But I didn't know they had a LEDless one, would have rather gotten that....

If you have an extra faceplate you could always mark up a template, and drill holes for the knob stems into the faceplate, but leave out the holes for the leds. The leds you can just lift out of little sockets on the pcb.

Not to jack the thread, but is there any way that I could rig a switch that could control the power to all of the leds at once?

Yep you can always just cut them out with a pair of wiresnipes. I have this controller and it rocks except the LED's are extremely bright. I really wonder what sunbeam was thinking when they decided to use those LED's :rolleyes: .

Back