• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Summer CPU BBQ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No but at least you had a good excuse, Beer!!!!!

I wish I could use that excuse. I didn't even start til around noon.

BTW Johan, did you ever get all that beer off you monitor? I know I got Devlos pretty good too when that beer exploded while I was opening it. LOL That was pretty embarassing, but at least nothing got ruined.

I wish I could use that excuse. I didn't even start til around noon.

BTW Johan, did you ever get all that beer off you monitor? I know I got Devlos pretty good too when that beer exploded while I was opening it. LOL That was pretty embarassing, but at least nothing got ruined.
I think Beer condensation was the least of our worries that day, though Blaylock I am still laughing at the confused look you had when running the bench. LOL The Dude why am I some much slower then your times comment was awesome!!!!

I was thinking something more like this

09e39c473780618324efd5b67b956868.jpg

Nah the beer will stay as a souvenir. Man I tried one of those Hop Stoopid that Stefan brought. I can say that's definitely not my go to beer. I still have a funny taste in my mouth.

I'd like to try and improve my 4790K wPrime score(s)... I seem to be stuck at ~179.xxx/180.xxx... Does anyone have any tweaks/tips that might help?

I'd like to try and improve my 4790K wPrime score(s)... I seem to be stuck at ~179.xxx/180.xxx... Does anyone have any tweaks/tips that might help?
What are you running it on XP or Win7/8? I found Xp on the 4770k to be better.

Sometimes vista32 too, it depends.

For me more cores are running faster on new OS, less cores on XP. However there are single CPU series which are exception.

Running so far on two different Haswell setups both W7 64 bit.

How do benchers run XP on the newer Z97/X99 platforms? What about drivers? I think I'm going to try XP-64bit next on my Z87/4770K combo...

So far I haven't really noticed much improvement with higher dram speeds/tighter timings for WPrime?

Does BenchTec Toolbox help? http://www.overclockers.com/BenchTec-Toolbox/

Don't need any drivers on XP. Simply install, delete useless stuff and run tests. Storage can be in IDE mode.
Wprime is almost not using memory so it's normal that faster memory makes barely any difference.
BenchTec tools are helping if used right ... however I haven't been using it for years so I don't know if on new cpus it's also good.

less than a point. I would imagine he has something hidden back that will be enough to take over again. gpupi kicks my butt, I just dont have it to get out on him

less than a point. I would imagine he has something hidden back that will be enough to take over again. gpupi kicks my butt, I just dont have it to get out on him
LOL Guilty as charged! This is the best I have.

Mandrake4565/Intel/4/GpiPi/ 6.48.318= 408.318 x 4 = 1633.272
gpupi,4.0,6.48.318.PNG

Got allot of windows to get loaded, finally got my drives all sorted out ..... gonna try to get Tina's done today and try a couple runs on the A10-7850K. We'll see what happens.

DAM..... MAY was a BAD month for me. I'm sorry that I've no been around but it was time to clean my cooling loop:) While putting it back together, I cracked the CPU block.:bang head I ordered another to replace it and talked to EK about it, they are sending me a new one for $20 S&H.:thup: I get it put back together and the SSD from EDGE Memory died.:bang head I had a quick talk with their RMA department, (credit card required) they FedEx me a replacement for free along with free return of bad drive.:thup: I get the system back up and running with the new SSD. BAM....I fried my Sapphire R9 290X:bang head:cry::rain: I contacted Sapphire RMA department and was told that EBay is not an authorized seller. They informed me that I would have to pay $30 for a RMA (still working on this) to send it back and have it fixed.:thup: I have also fried some sticks of memory in my quest to reach higher speeds, MOAR VOLTS.:attn:
I just picked up a Crosshair V Formula-Z for $170.:drool: I told my wife that this motherboard was the one that World Records was being set with LN. She fired back with " HOW MUCH IS THAT GOING TO COST ". I told her that I would not even try it until I had set in on some sessions with the pro's.

Here's my run's, now that I have it running ( -1 290X) :facepalm: I might be over the 10MHz a little... My quest to OC my DDR3 1866 to DDR3 2400:chair:
I don't think that I'll beat anyone with these scores:(

- - - Updated - - -

MaddMutt/AMD 8 Core/PiFast/34.18
PiFast #2.jpg

MaddMutt/AMD 8 Core/SuperPi/23m 02.942s
SuperPi 32M.jpg

MaddMutt/AMD 8 Core/WPrime/2101.768
WPrime#2.jpg

MaddMutt/AMD 8 Core/GPUPi/3826.808
GPUPi.jpg

Last edited:
I have been playing with an i3-4330 recently. New mobo is getting this thing up a lot higher than my other one.

http://hwbot.org/user/devlos/#mywall If that link doesn't work it because i'm using internet explorer :eek:

I couldn't find the superPi run, I'll add it soon.

Devlos / i3-4330 / 2c4t / PiFast / 17.61
Devlos / i3-4330 / 2c4t / wPrime / 383.105 x 2 = 766.21 seconds
Devlos / i3-4330 / 2c4t / SuperPi / 495.581 seconds
Devlos / i3-4330 / 2c4t / GpuPi / 16min 23sec 287ms x 2 = 1966.574 seconds bbq background didn't last for the ss :mad:

PiFast
pibatbbq.PNG

wPrime
bbq.PNG

SuperPi
spibbq.PNG

GpuPi
gpupi.jpg

Last edited:
Back