• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Summer heat's killing me!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i don't really think is too bad
mine used to be 52 idle C!!!! after i put some smart cool fans and some silver compound....i now do 46 idle and like 48 load,
this sucker used to get hot BIG TIME im not kidding, actually all the way up to 60 on extensive gaming..... not good

I have no heat problem, but I've got interesting situation.

CPU Temp: 31C idle - 33C Max. loads
System Temp: 30C idle - 43C Max. loads
Room Temp: 28C - 30 C

My system is P4 1.8A @ 2700MHz with 1.550V treatments. Intel P4 stock heatsink with Asus Probe monitoring program. BIOS report the same thing, and the heatsink is not hot at all, just slightly warm. Why my system temp. is higher than CPU temp. at Max. loads ? Is this possible? very rare situation....

Well, this year I decided not to back off my OC's. But, I'm down to only 2 OC'd systems, one at work, and this one. The system at work I really don't know how hot it gets, but this one is floating between 42°C - 48°C load. It kind of coolish today, but the system does get a little twitchy when ambient goes north of 34°C.

vonkaar said:
Ah, if only California had such an abundance of electricity that would allow one to run his A/C 24/7.

The temperature outside hit 110° this week and my ambient temp stayed at a comfy 75°.

Don't mind me... Oooozing with Texas pride atm.
At least you guys got some rain and some cooler temps Friday/Saturday. We were 108-112 here in Austin all week. Only supposed to be 100 today, however. Cold front :)

Welp, as i type this, my case is 9°C over the room temp :(. I'll go borrow a friend's cutting tool and take it to my case, cutting off these "finger guards" which block a LOT of the airflow and put in my own grilles which are far more efficient. Afterwards, we shall see. Maybe a fan in the side panel to move cool air to the proc fan (well, not cool as it's 90F, but cooler than the 100+F temps of my case). I'll post back in a few days/week.

lol !

Nobody in the world got some fresh temps ? :) It seems to be more than 30°C every days in the UK, the US and in France (and many other places I suppose) !

++

theres nothing wrong with good healthy sun! well cancer giving sun here in cornwall anyway;)

ahh, my nice cool basement...i was just at a lan party that took place in an attic...38 overclocked beasts...2 window ac units...no windows...2 fans to blow around the hot air...the room was so hot that i am surprised something didnt spontaneously combust...Kiriyama had his CPU alarm go off (hit 63*C - luckily all he did was take the side off and angle the case to the AC unit, as we were lucky enough to sit next to the AC's "though it didnt help much") [my cpu was 46*C and mobo was 32*C - around there the nForce2's audio cut out (and i have a heatsink on the south bridge too...)] Yeah, it sure sux to be in a room that is like, a million degrees...had to go outside after each game so as not to pass out - - and this is even after the sun went down, the place was so hot...

i love ny it will be 100 degrees one day and the next morning we will have 4 foot of snow its great my comp never over heats even without a/c

Turando said:
today here in the uk we were getting 100+F and my pc suffered....

No ****.

I don't know what my room temp was, but it was incredibly hot. My box was almost hot enough to cook on the case (alu case).

Case temp 52 degrees, CPU at 76 degrees. I decided gaming was a bad idea until I got some bigger fans, maybe some AC ;)

Wolfen.

In Holland its also very hot 35 C

My room 32 C and my CPU 42 C with stress-testing.

Not bad I think......so my cooling must be good;)

HvH.

Back