• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech 6002's and their “Support staff”

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Silversinksam said:
They did do something about it, they offered an RMA and bracket replacement? This quibbling about where the blocks got damaged is here-say and is similar to a dog chasing it's tail.

Swiftech has always done right around here and this arguing is pointless, Bill Adams was aware of this situation before he even received an e-mail from me, he assured me that the blocks would be RMA-ed if that was the buyers wish.

This thread is just rants and raves over spilled milk that already got wiped off the floor at this point.

The quote you used SSS is not about my blocks but about their “packaging process”. And because I have no feedback I still see the milk as still poring on the floor. As far as I can tell no one seems to care. As for my hold down cover plates and their CS support, as I said before I "was" happy to drop it (this thread doesn’t hold me in a good light either). Hell I even PM'ed Bill (07-22-04, 12:58 AM) about the thread. That was before he came in and said I am abusing their CS. I still feel I, in no way, abused the CS system. I do have 2 bad hold downs, and as you know (as you moved the classifieds threads to the sold section for me) I bought most of the system in the time of this whole issue.

This is the PM I sent to BillA on 07-22

Re: my post about CS and Swiftech.

I did not post my problem with the Swiftech blocks to bash Swiftech, but more along the lines of enlighten our members to a potential problem they may experience. Also to send a nudge to Swiftech, I don’t know if my “lightly suggestive” comments about the production line have been discussed at Swiftech yet (or ever). But as I see it; I got 2 for 2 defective, and I know in the commercial industry that level of error would close the doors on a business. I also understand I must have been a fluke, but I am positive others have the same problem out there, whether or not they cared to comment on it. I work for a very large manufacturing company (T*** I***) and am a major part of a production line. With that insight I know an issue like this would have a site VP on the production floor. By no means am I trying to destructively criticize Swiftech, I’m actually trying to cast positive criticism. I love the products Swiftech makes, but feel a look into this issue could greatly improve the costumer apparition for Swiftech, lower RMA issues, time on the phone with people discussing this issue, and could lead to improvement that increase productivity on the line. All in the end makes Swiftech a lot more money and improves their standing in this market. But this is just my 2¢ for you guys to take or leave.
Enjoy,
Stedeman
He then posts his, “yes, you got our attention” rant.
In most of my replies to Swiftech and BillA, I address the same issue, “for them to look at their packing process”. Now think about it, what good dose it do for me then…not one bit of good. Then why would I even give a damn. That’s the key to my gripe, “so the next time someone (or me) buys one of their products, they (or I), don’t need to send back a brand new item”. To me it defeats the point of buying new, doesn’t it? If the costumers don’t demand the quality none of us will get it.

FYI the time line: (07/05/04 was my order date, it shipped the 9th or 10th)
Tue, 13th: I got them in and emailed sidewinder
Fri, 16th: I make my post
Mon, 19th: I get the response from Swiftech that I needed. To bad it took 6 days
Thr, 22nd I PM’ed Bill

So in the 6 days I guess “I” have to do as they want me to do… No, I am the consumer, they are the supplier, I have every right to change my mind. And not one time did I ever threat their CS people with a fraction of the disrespect Bill has shown me. But that’s just me.

Back