• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech H20 Double Fan vs XtremeGear H20 Single Fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mindrot

I currently have a generic looking liquid cooling system by XtremeGear. It's a 120mm fan w/ radiator of course. (See pic below). I'm curious if I can see significant cooling differences by changing up to the Swiftech H20 system which is a double fan w/ large radiator. Thoughts and opinions welcome.

Xtreme Gear 120mm:
856910_10152553640625640_1578478781_o.jpg

Swiftech H20 120mm w/ dual fan:
http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...oduct_info&cPath=59_202_604&products_id=32744
H20-220-EDGE-HD-BK_01.jpg

The Swiftech kit is in a completely different league man...yours looks like an all in one Asetek unit (like the h60)
That kit would wipe the floor with yours, whilst being quieter too.
Though I urge you to read the wc stickies before going out and buying a 200usd kit, it's not plug and play you have to assemble it and it's not safe to do it recklessly.
Also, you might feel like using different parts for a more personalized loop or going with the cheaper Swiftech H220 kit.

I'm not too worried about having to assemble one. I figured it's more complex than advertised. I'd make sure it's water tight, etc. Question is would it be way more efficient? Trying to justify spending $200 on a kit like this lol

Of course, it would be a lot cooler whilst running quieter too, and you get the ability to quiet down your gpu's and cool them more efficiently at the same time. I think it's worth it for your kind of setup.
You can get a cpu + dual gpu loop for a bit more than that if you use certain components.
Give it some thought, avoid compression fittings and uber expensive crap and create a part list.
You're gonna need 2 x 240 or 2 x 360 rads and a good pump like the mcp35x, or the new pump swiftech is planning to release that comes bundled with the h220 too.
The rest is up to you...
I could easily create a part list for you but where's the thrill in that?

I'm gonna look into the pump you are mentioning from Swiftech. This type of project will have to be a one and done kind of thing. Don't wanna have to go back and change something out. I appreciate your input!

I'm not too worried about having to assemble one. I figured it's more complex than advertised. I'd make sure it's water tight, etc. Question is would it be way more efficient? Trying to justify spending $200 on a kit like this lol

It's more efficient due to design of the setup and better materials etc.

Overall, a 120x2 H100 vs a kit like your looking at (still 120x2) isn't a huge change.

The better quality of the block will remove heat better.

It's still not magic and physics has a lot to say.

If you have a 120x2 AIO like the H100 vs the Swiftech one (lots more$$) you have to first see that the Swiftech has a expandable setup. The pump can easily handle another rad for a GPU etc.

It's NOT an AIO. It's a pile of very high quality parts in a box, that's all.

If a H100 isn't enough, then the kit will help, but ultimately, PHYSICS pays a part. If 120x2 ain't enough, get 120x3 in rad space..

You want low temps like racers want high speed? You pay to play.

We have Stickies up top in yellow you might want to review/research if you need more info.

Back