• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech Helix 120/140 fan anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't use either. I have a tech station.

Good airflow is what you need. Tell me how you determine if you have negative or positive pressure. What does your case have now?

Hmm well I don't invent this idea / term. So i can't really define , i just follow what people called it.
Usually Negative is Exhaust more than Intake , while Positive is Intake more than Exhaust

But i have a Carbide 400R , im able to set up 10 fans in total.

I have 2X Top Exhaust , 2X Push-Pull Exhaust for my AIO Water Cooler Rad on the Rear , 1X Top Side Exhaust

4X Push-Pull Intake on Front and HDD Cage Section , 1X Bottom Intake, 1X Bottom Side Intake.

I tend to try to pull as much hot air out of my case instead of pulling in cool air.
For im in tropical country , my ambient temperature are always 30 - 33 C , rare even below 28 C , impossible to even get 26 C ( If it ever goes this low here , bad things are happening in this Earth literally )

So I find it pointless sucking more air in which will make no difference instead more and more hot air will trap and build up in my case....

Also wanted to mention that Swiftech seems like a great company service and product wise. I talked to them on the phone a few times when I was planning my water cooling build and they couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. I had a DOA 8-way PWM splitter and they sent me another free of charge w/ fast shipping no questions asked. Also sent me an additional set of screws to mount fans to my radiator, needed for a push pull, free of charge.

In conclusion, it's nice to support a company like that. They certainly earned my business.

You can test it with a cigarett or incense. Or other smoke related stuff....... Put it at a gap on the case side. Smoke goes in, negative, smoke blows out it's positive.

The long term thread we have going is like a joke these days. Read the 1 billion posts and add your input. Earthdog wants it to die, I think it's fun.

Good airflow matters. Done.

You can test it with a cigarett or incense. Or other smoke related stuff....... Put it at a gap on the case side. Smoke goes in, negative, smoke blows out it's positive.

The long term thread we have going is like a joke these days. Read the 1 billion posts and add your input. Earthdog wants it to die, I think it's fun.

Good airflow matters. Done.

Hey that's a good idea :thup: Now to look for a way to start a fire

Back