• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SYSPREP on external HDD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steve Drift

Hi All,

Just A Quick Question Is It Possible To Run Sysprep On A External HDD In Windows Seven.

I Have A Pc Which The MOBO Died I Installed A new MOBO And Now HDD Wont Boot I Know Its The Drivers Which Are Still On The HDD Is The Problem But Cant Think Of A Way To Sort This Isssue Out As It Wont Even Boot From Windows Seven Disk, Keep Getting BSOD.

If I Try Boot With Just The HDD It Goes Into Constant Boot Loop.

HELP:bang head

Sysprep by the very nature of the word "prep" means you do something 'before' you make a move. You prepare the operating system to function in a new environment like moving hard drive to new computer or cloning old setup to a new hard drive in a new system and so forth. I can see no value whatsoever in your current situation for the use of sysprep.

If I Connect The Drive To My Other Pc As an External Drive And Then Sysprep The Drive And Connect To The New Hardware It Will Recognise The New Hardware and Install The Correct Drivers, Will It Not??

Back