• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System.InvalidOperationException:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pepi93

Since installing my 5900x I've had this pop up a few times after a restart. I'm not sure what's triggering this error. I don't even have the OneDrive folder it's refering to at the bottom. I also don't know anything about PerformanceCounters. The only thing that's different since the new CPU is TPM was changed in the BIOS from discrete to firmware.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 5
No clue...

...guessing.... but that intelligent standby list thing looks like some memory scrub program (those still around?)... maybe if that's installed uninstall it?

I see a path as well.... can you navigate to the location in the error and see the file???

I don't have that file location, that's where it got confusing for me and I have hidden files visible as well.

No clue...

...guessing.... but that intelligent standby list thing looks like some memory scrub program (those still around?)... maybe if that's installed uninstall it?

I see a path as well.... can you navigate to the location in the error and see the file???

Ok yeah, I'm an idiot, I do have the Intelligent standby list cleaner active, just didn't put two and two together because this error/prompt never showed up with my 3700x. Maybe that combined with TPM...

Why? It's 2022, not 2002! :p

Being serious, you've got 32gb of ram... why do you need a scrubber? Get rid of that app. :)
I think I just got used to it. I originally used it when I had 16gb.

Windows has been 'good' at RAM management for quite a while now. It's just an extra app that can (and in this case did) cause problems. I honestly don't recall using anything like it past Windows XP in the early 2000s as there wasn't a benefit.

Snake oil...even if you don't have enough RAM. ;)

Last edited:
Back