• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System loading start up aps freezing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time-Bandit

Hey Guys,

Just wanting to know the answer to a couple of questions.

Rig is sig seems to load abit slow when first logging into Windows and when I have multiple tabs open in Chrome it seems to not respond at times and freeze up it eventually gets going but I would have imagined with 8gb ram and my CPU I should rarely have this occur? Is there anything that could be causing this since os install is pretty fresh and I don't have any really heavy apps loading on start apart from avast.

Second question is I am considering for the heck of it making a pc running two CPU's just curious on what peoples opinions are on a good second hand board/cpu combo pref amazon/ebay if possible just curious how these combos would perform against my current setup for gaming.

Regards,

Bandit.

Second question is I am considering for the heck of it making a pc running two CPU's just curious on what peoples opinions are on a good second hand board/cpu combo pref amazon/ebay if possible just curious how these combos would perform against my current setup for gaming.

Regards,

Bandit.

SR-2 or Skulltrail. Depends on how much you want to spend. SR-2 is still expensive.
For gaming?, this is a couple generations old. Your current daily is a better gamer. The SR-2 might be slightly better if any.

Check your memory usage with task manager, I have 52 tabs open in Chrome that uses 6.3 GB. With chrome I have no problem with speed.

Avast is a great AV product but it does significantly add to startup time. It does a quick scan at each boot I think. I would also check your processes in Task Manager to see if any malware is using up a significant amount of system resources. Wouldn't hurt to run Malwarebytes on the system to check for infections that Avast might not be catching.

I scan once per week or so with both avast and mb both updated every few days to ensure all definitions are available however I am picking nothing up. Checking task manager I don't see anything really eating up memory either do you think/suggest if I ramp up to 16gb I will be fine?

Back