• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10 - Random Programs Not Responding, Freezing, Explorer Crashes.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Pretty sure that means personal files etc... you still did an upgrade install.

Regardless of the semantics, our fingers are crossed!

Got it! Alright, so just finished installing my Radeon drivers and viola the issue is back again with the start menu. It's very reluctant to open now.

Maybe its crossfire/one of the cards causing the issue? Disable it... if that doesnt work, pull the secondary card. If that doesnt work, try the other card alone.

Since you did the clean install, did you have this issue before adding in the Radeon Drivers? I mean, were the default Windows 10 drivers for the card causing this problem?

Maybe its crossfire/one of the cards causing the issue? Disable it... if that doesnt work, pull the secondary card. If that doesnt work, try the other card alone.

I read an article that said the drivers had nothing to do with it. I mean it was only after two restarts that this error came back and it could be unrelated. I just did CTRL+ALT+DEL and then logged off and logged back in and the start menu is back to normal. As for the rest of the issues I was having it's still solid. If it happens again I'll try disabling crossfire and see if it disappears.

Oh, hadn't noticed that you were crossfired. I see it now in your Sig.

Since you did the clean install, did you have this issue before adding in the Radeon Drivers? I mean, were the default Windows 10 drivers for the card causing this problem?

I don't believe the drivers are really what caused this problem. Since when I log in and get the issue and log off and relogin it disappears. All the other issues seem to be solved now. Thank you guys!

I don't believe the drivers are really what caused this problem. Since when I log in and get the issue and log off and relogin it disappears. All the other issues seem to be solved now. Thank you guys!
Sounds like the driver is crashing. When you log out and back in the driver is reloaded. I would think that you would experience another crash and have to reapply your login/logout fix. If that is the case try rolling back the driver one or two version and see if that helps.

If that doesn't work then I'm fresh out of ideas.

Sounds like the driver is crashing. When you log out and back in the driver is reloaded. I would think that you would experience another crash and have to reapply your login/logout fix. If that is the case try rolling back the driver one or two version and see if that helps.

Never thought about it like that. Very smart! Will let you know if it works.

This has fixed two of my issues thank you! Crossfire wasn't working and now it is as well as the start menu is stable now.

Back