• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T-bred or Palomino?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheng

Hi guys,

I haven't been following the cpu scene for a while now, so I'm wondering what would be the best;

An XP 2000+ Palo or T-bred?

I would normally plump for the latest (T-bred) but I remember when they first came out people couldn't get high overclocks with them, so I'd be grateful for your opinions, if this is still the case ;)

Cheers!

The T-bred core, as you hinted that you knew, is the much newer core. You are right, when the first T-bred cores came out, there was some problems with them. However, they quickly came out with a revision. I do not belive you will actually see any of the original T-breds, but I am not sure. Actually by looking at them I could not even tell you how to tell the difference in them.

To make it simple, go with the T-bred. The Pally core, as far as I know, only really overclocked to about 2Ghz with a good stepping.

Tbred - remember the XP2000 is near the upper end of the range for pallies but is at the lower end of the range for Tbreds so has more headroom

Back