• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T1 just overpriced DSL?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well the only good thing about t1 is that it has the same dl/ul speed, 1.544 mbps each way. If you have access to 8 mbps dsl, with an upload more than 1.5 than by all means go that way, t1 is really too expensive for what it is.

A T1 is guranteed bandwidth, where as the DSL isnt. I would personally go with the DSL. Do you need high upload speeds? I am guessing that the DSL will have the upload cut down just because the DL is high.

Also T1 is very reliable while DSL is not. I don't believe you are going to find mission critical places like hospitals using DSL because of that.

yea, if your t1 goes down then you can bill your isp for the down time. Dsl they just say o well your internet will be back soon lol. Its really a good deal for a buisness that needs the uptime guarentee.

Back