• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*** T32 Lost & Found ***

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Haha, hey guys. Thanks for the PM, harlam. :)

I just built the new rig in my sig, so about to start folding again. I was actually going to post tonight about any tips for the Windows SMP client.

Hey shadin! No problem... glad to see you're still with us. :)

Just be aware that the WinSMP client requires a network connection... anytime it is interrupted Folding still instantly stop. The client won't visibly stop, but no further progress will be made.

I think this is more a problem with the external / third-party modules (mpiexec, smpd) Stanford uses to mange the multiple core processes.

Good to know. I also noticed that it doesn't seem to save any progress, so it's an all-or-nothing thing? That might hurt since this is a gaming rig, sometimes a reboot just has to happen.

Yes... the WinSMP client will save progress at the set checkpoint time and on each completed frame. Just be sure to shutdown the client properly (Ctrl-C) before doing that reboot and you'll be fine. :)

Also be aware that the deadlines are very short for SMP WUs, typically 3-4 days. I don't know much about that series, or any series really, of Intel but I imagine if Folding mostly 24x7 you should be able to complete a SMP WU in at least a day- but again, I'm just guessing.

Ah, okay, sweet. The one WU I did this week to test it (I know, one in a week, shameful) finished in just over 24 hours so shouldn't be a problem.

Still here, still overclocking, still folding. just been alittle busy :D

Word dude... I think we all know how that is. Good to know you're still with us! :beer:

Also, thanks to ih for the kind words! :soda:

I'm still around, still folding when I can, just going through a move so my tower hasn't been hooked up, but as soon as I finish moving I should have it up and folding again.

Nice to see you blueswitch! Glad you're still with us! :)

Are you sure you haven't been Folding b/c of all that WoW your playing? :D ...at least that's what I think that avatar is. :)

I didnt die (not really)

A few months ago I settled in to a new place with roomates. I lost all my spare rooms and computers to space. The one rig I have running (vista ultimate) just one day decided to stop running. I am trying my best to get out of this situation and I promise one day I will be back to folding like normal

Good to hear jstut! :beer: That you're not dead :p and that you're still Folding with us! :D

We need you going 198mph again as soon as you can. :)

I'm not lost. My confusers fold w/ default settings. Its too much work to do well. The project isn't the same, and motivation for it isn't there either.

Hey, thanks for the PM. I am not lost, just honestly felt like the project was no longer something I am greatly interested in.(Not to mention I lost all my rigs due to various issues except an old PIII) It's a sad thing I know, though to make up for it I have been donating cash to many medical research programs.

I am not lost, just honestly felt like the project was no longer something I am greatly interested in.

What is going on? Why do people lose interest? And even if you do lose interest, you can still just let it run and forget it.

I'm still around. Flip through the forums here and there. Haven't stopped folding. Got me a new motorbike back in the summer and I've spent most of my time riding.

PMSfishy, you go through the pain of an upgrade to an E6450 C2D, or better, and start folding with the new smp client, and I geeeaarrraannttee, you'll feel better about FAH. It just puts a smile on your face to see it work,

I certainly don't understand all the ins and outs of our FAH projects, but we must be doing something right - since FAH started, there have been at least a few other FAH-like projects that have started up.

Back