• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*** T32 Lost & Found ***

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1. The people.
2. The direction the project headed.

Its just not the same that it use to be.

1. Are you kidding? The people here are great. I have been on the folding team for almost 3 years, and not once has one of my questions gone unanswered. We are almost like a brotherhood here. We do everything we possibly can to help eachother out.

2. I understand that there have been a few of us here that have felt the same way. From what it sounds like to me, a lot of the people have been really aggravated the way the points system has been going. If you take the members that have been folding for this team since day one, starting out at only 1 point per WU, from what I understand it was, and then a points adjustment, and having to borg 10 rigs just to maintain 1000 PPD. Then the SMP client comes out, and now a single computer can put out up to 5 times as much as 10 did just a couple years ago. I can see how this could be frustrating. It is not that one client is more important than the other, but technology is headed in a new direction, and the science needed to follow, to possibly get faster and better results.

It may not be the same as it used to be, but would you be willing to give us another shot?

He's saying we're no fun. :p

We still luv you fishy !

I understand, it's a new generation in here, totally different that it use to be.

I'm still around. Flip through the forums here and there. Haven't stopped folding. Got me a new motorbike back in the summer and I've spent most of my time riding.

Great to hear Miralcos!!! Funny, a guy from Hog country riding a Hog. :D

Stop by and check in with us when you have time... we're always happy to see our fellow teammates out-n-about. :)

{PMS}fishy said:
1. The people.
2. The direction the project headed.

Its just not the same that it use to be.

Yes, I'm sure the landscape has changed... I guess we're not as fun as we used to be. :D That's ok... things change with time, it's inevitable that some will lose interest. We hate it, but it's something we must deal with.

In regards to the direction of the project... I cite deadly's explaination of the points changes that have happened. I know we lost some really dedicated Folders to other projects because they felt like their efforts were being diminished by the advent of the SMP client. I'd like to point out that without their efforts early on we wouldn't be where we are today. No work is insignificant... and we wouldn't have our current structure and clients without those people. Again, the landscape has changed and will change again. It's our duty as a team to continue to adapt and Fold onward and upward!

It's not ALL about the points anyway... Here's to you Team 32! :beer:

well helo there, yeah, hadn't been active in a while. News are I finally change from the old celeron system I had to the thing on my sig, right now Im in OH in my aunt's place, never been to the states before and sure is cold up here. I hope to get a job fast so I can save some money and pump up my rig so I can fold faster lol :D

Greetings to all, how were those holidays? :D

Hey guys! I'm thrilled that someone took the time to find me. I'm also very embarrassed. Basically I'm in the last term of my college career and I have no time for gaming and computer shenanigans. It's very sad, I know, but it was important to me that I eliminate this distraction. So I parted out my (very nice) rig. Basically, I shoved that money in the bank to make some interest while I don't have time for gaming. Later this term, maybe March, maybe May, I plan on building a new computer. Quad core for sure... folding for sure.

All I can say is I'll be back soon, and I think about OCF and folding every day! Sorry for the long note.

<3 TEAM 32 <3

Really not sure why I lost motivation to be honest. Some faces have changed, but honestly cannot say they are any worse then the people before, just a slight different overall mood then before. It was a bit of a disappointment the Folding Mentor program never really took off, but as I was not the leader of the program I really did not feel right trying to make a new site ect. without the consent of the original founder. That combined with the fact that all my local borging hopes really never went through(Was supposed to have a borg starting this year with a about 120 P4 computers but sadly the network they were on was vandalized to a point where basically a complete lockdown of all the computers was put into effect.) and the fact I only have access to a very slow folder just really made the process turn a bit grey to me. Anyway I still check this forum from time to time, even though I don't post much, so I am sure I will eventually be back and hopefully much stronger then before. Until then though cheers too those who have continued to keep motivated and I really do wish you all the best of luck.

Morning all, haven't hit the boards in a while but I'm still here folding away for T32 at a mediocre 2000-2500 ppd. With nearly 600K clocked I'm finally starting to see that first 1 mil marker off in the distance :D... now... ahem... about that free :beer: harlam promised would be here....

fold on!

Excellent to see you WYTOUT!!! :beer: Grats on the 600k. :)

Here's a six'er on me... :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Might as well keep me filed under lost. Been a busy few years, I've logged in here twice in the last 4 months, both times looking for a good deal on some ddr (seems i keep selling mine off to clients)

I still have a few rigs floating around, though.
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=117427

If the electricity deal in maine goes through electricity prices will drop, and I'll be able to throw together a few of the new servers i've been planning. Sadly I'm averaging like 50ppd, my fleet of rigs has sputtered and faded, i've got more processing power in my car than my home these days. Mobile life :(

I need to say hi to veryhumid & Douken. No post here should go without reply... good to see you guys and glad to know you're still with us. :beer:

Nice to see you as well Como... and a few good borgs are better than no borgs at all. Every point, every WU, and every member counts.

Tha Ghetto!.... Tha Ghetto!.... I'm waiting to see that can of ghetto whoop arse to start flying up the ranks. :)

Hi guys,

Checking in to let you know I'm still alive. Never got set up and going again since I moved, been too busy batting away bits of falling sky with a tennis raquet ever since. Dead cars, long term sick relatives, raising their kids, fixing problems with the house ... my one machine I've got set-up is glitchy and neglected enough I can't really fold on it, haven't had time to sort just this one out. Hopefully getting some time over the next couple of months to get my old rigs set up and workshop sorted out. When everything is humming along and deglitched, I'll borg 'em again. Likely to be MIA a lot for most of this year still though.

Road Warrior

Nice to see you RoadWarrior... I must confess that I was quite teh n00b around here back in your hay-day. It's great that we've got the old guard still around, even if in short order... this is a great Team, no, the Best Team to Fold for. We have a great spirit here and that's what makes Team 32 the best, regardless of whether we're on top of the stats list- although that would be nice too. :D

Hope RL gives you a break soon... come back when you can. :thup:

*cough cough wheeeeeze cough* man, dusty rigs all over.

No, haven't been folding for a while, but that certainly doesn't mean I'm entirely lost.

Well... maybe I am, sorta. But I'm still waiting for the right opportunity to raise a new wave of CPU's... having had too many singel rigs here and there, was taking up too much time, and since my current position doesn't leverage my former CTO status, I'm yet to see any serious borging :D

Cheers People,

Flix

*cough cough wheeeeeze cough* man, dusty rigs all over.

No, haven't been folding for a while, but that certainly doesn't mean I'm entirely lost.

Well... maybe I am, sorta. But I'm still waiting for the right opportunity to raise a new wave of CPU's... having had too many singel rigs here and there, was taking up too much time, and since my current position doesn't leverage my former CTO status, I'm yet to see any serious borging :D

Sorry for letting this post slip by flix... was just reading some other old threads that WII was resurrecting for nerdlogic and your namek mug was all over the place. :D

Come back when you can... there's always a home for you here on Team 32. :)

Arkaine23 said:
backish

And slowly rebuilding the farm.

:welcome: back Arkaine!!! Returning guy stocks the fridge. :beer:

Man... I feel like I'm in a dragonball fan club... I do like dragonball. Maybe I'll pick up a Gohan avatar. :D

Just got back to folding after a long time under the [OC]foldingninjas

Eeh, Hi everyone!
I accidentaly saw that I was on this list adn yes, I am folding, but no, unfortunately not for team 32 anymore.
My homeforum decided to start a team and I felt that I should fold for my own team. Maybe when I in the future get more rigs I might start folding for you again, caus i do not doubt that I will get more rigs in not so many years, computers is my main hobby...:D

Thanks for stopping in Joco! :)

Glad to know you're still out there and Folding... even if it's not for us! The cause is greater than any Team.

What is your home forum and Team?

Please don't be a stanger... we don't discriminate. You're always welcome here on OCF and Team 32. :)

Back