• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tablet OS help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

overlordnick

Hi, so for school i need a "tablet pc", i was looking at a few things but today i finally got the spec sheet

the part that i'm not sure about is this: "Operating System: Windows XP or Windows 7 and a 32-bit system, NOT a 64-bit system. If you purchase a 64-bit system it is YOUR responsibility to install and be comfortable operating Windows Virtual PC –XP Mode"

most of the things i've been looking at are running win 8 (32 bit), but the way it's worded i'm not sure if that will work, i also don't see why an xp-32bit program wouldn't run on a 64-bit processor

it's possible that the person who wrote this is just an idiot, but i can't be sure, so any input would be appreciated

What is the tablet specs and is the OS not preloaded or is that what you are deciding what to have them install? 32 bit will run on 64bit processors but not the other way around. Either way Win 7 is a good OS and newer than XP. Windows 8 was setup to be more touch friendly (tablets and phones)

Back