• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Taming 120mm deltas.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scout

Is there a externally powered PWM controller that can handle three 120mm deltas ? I have tried in the past with voltage control just too many amps.

The variable speed Deltas accept PWM just like any PWM fan, but beware that some on the market are designed to be used in mini split HVAC systems and will not work with the PWM used for computer fans.

The variable speed Deltas accept PWM just like any PWM fan, but beware that some on the market are designed to be used in mini split HVAC systems and will not work with the PWM used for computer fans.

If I split the 4pin connector and run the Power and Ground to molex and PWM/tach to the motherboard this would give me control without the amp draw on the Mobo?

That's pretty much the way to do it, but I would leave the ground connected to the motherboard as well.

This might also work and is powered directly from the PSU by a SATA cable:https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...pwm_fan_controller-_-9SIACJF6HF8769-_-Product

Only thing is there is no info about the amps it can handle and has the drawback of not being able to individually control the fans connected to it. All fans will get the same pwm signal but being that all three of the Deltas are the sam model that may not be an issue.

I saw products like that and I have something similar coming I will report my success. I have always questioned the power delivery ablity of Sata connectors though. We will see.

Back