• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team Glasslicker Interactive Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
7800 GT is here. Woohoo !

All waterbocks scheduled for delivery tomorrow and Wednesday. That only leaves us hanging on the arrival of the res from flippin Germany.

Still chasing a monitor. Still need a DVD/RW.

Also, I purchased three Delta Fans. I'm not sure that the Panaflos will be optimum, so, with the switch panel which runs a 7 or 12 V, we can drive some air through that rad, or even creat a Class III Hurricane.

In addition, as suggested, I cut a deal with Pwnt By Pat to do a fiberglass housing for our fans and rad. It will come back sanded and prepped for paint. So we'll have to wait for it to return for final painting.

With that said, it looks like we'll do a rough install this weekend, make sure everything powers up, yank it back apart, send out for paint and then put it to work. While Pat's working on the housing we can intall a stealth drive and the monitor.

Let's get this party started !

Woo hoo Paaaaaarty!!! Well looks as if everything is a shapin up!

As for the CD/DVD drive, anything in the 45 or so dollar range with good reviews you should be happy with. If you absolutley need a recommendation I would surely say that my DVD burner is a good one. It is in my sig.

glasslicker said:
In addition, as suggested, I cut a deal with Pwnt By Pat to do a fiberglass housing for our fans and rad. It will come back sanded and prepped for paint. So we'll have to wait for it to return for final painting.
I'm very glad to hear this! Pat is a great guy and hes work is top notch.
I vote for a NEC drive, something like the 3540 model or similar.
I'll dig up a model and post it.
Link

Yesterday the Silverprop fusion came in as well as the LED kits.

Today the Swiftech WB's will get here and I can work on this thing this weekend.

Alphacool called and said the res and risers should be here in another week !!!!

Ill post up some component pics tonight.

glasslicker said:
Yesterday the Silverprop fusion came in as well as the LED kits.

Today the Swiftech WB's will get here and I can work on this thing this weekend.

Alphacool called and said the res and risers should be here in another week !!!!

Ill post up some component pics tonight.
Excellent!
You getting a MountinMods UFO case for your next project?? ;)

I've thought about the temp probes and I think the best seal would be if you put some plummer putty first to get a qourqe (spell) type seal and top it off with some RTV sealant.

Off topic:
Flip-Mode said:
I have a "engineering" thinking but not the math skills to back it up.
That's why I'm currently at university for Mechanical Engineering, tho at time I regret it due to the heavy load, I still am in love with engineering.

Back on:
Glad to see all the stuff coming in now, I'm starting to get excited for you Glasslicker!

Oh and Flip-Mode, did you mean a cork? Maybe my mind is lost and I am confused currently (wouldn't be a first for me)

Burdman27911 said:
Off topic:That's why I'm currently at university for Mechanical Engineering, tho at time I regret it due to the heavy load, I still am in love with engineering.

Back on:
Glad to see all the stuff coming in now, I'm starting to get excited for you Glasslicker!

Oh and Flip-Mode, did you mean a cork? Maybe my mind is lost and I am confused currently (wouldn't be a first for me)
Thats it cork!
Thanks.

So, wedge a piece of cork in there with the probe itself, then seal it ?

Also, which DVD RW did you recommend. The link you gave showed 5 or so.

Woohoo ! The wife is gone for the weekend so I can work on case without interuption.

glasslicker said:
So, wedge a piece of cork in there with the probe itself, then seal it ?

Also, which DVD RW did you recommend. The link you gave showed 5 or so.

Woohoo ! The wife is gone for the weekend so I can work on case without interuption.

No, use the plummers putty to make a cork shape with the probe comming trough and stuff in the T-line and seal the top with RTV.

If you notice they are the same model, they got all the colors and OEM/Retail options on that page.

glasslicker said:
A polite way to tell me that I ave the IQ of an empty can of cat food ! :D
Lack of attention, happens to all of us and me the most, it looks like I've got ADHD :( got an appointment with a neurologist to confirm it in a month.

Remaining wb's are in. Temps sensors are in.

It is finally on !

Pictures coming up !
Game on!

Wife just got on her turbo-charged broom and flew around the house saying she wanted her kitchen table back.

Looks fine to me.

IMG_0382.jpg

Looks like a nice kitchen table to me! lol Good luck with the build. If I can I will at sometime try and say something of some significance. :)

Flip-Mode said:
Excellent!
You getting a MountinMods UFO case for your next project?? ;)

Now you are creeping me out Flip. Actially, I was looking hard at the case the other day. Key logger ? :D

Back