• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team Glasslicker Interactive Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here are some pictures with most components installed, excluding the DVD, HD, monitor and thermal sensors. I pulled the 80mm fan, but want to keep the 2 120s to drive some air through the case. Im going to grab a sound card and the ZS's run pretty warm.

Neither of the pumps are mounted. They are just sitting there with one flipped upside down and hanging by base plate in the 3.5 bay.

As for room for the res, it can be mounted in the area suggested by Flip.The res is 250MM and we have over 300 mm from the rear of the 5.25 drive cage edge to approximately 30 mm from the rear of the case.

So lets talk about pump placement one final time and hose routing off rad.

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

Last edited:
Alright, I've got two setups.

Rev1
rev17cm.jpg

Rev2
rev21az.jpg

As far as I know it hasn't been done like this before so I hope it works well, no promises.

Number two I like as I can mount the base of the pump you turned sideways in the picture against the back low wall.

The question really is will the dual pumps drive system from bottom.

So we have Rad, Res, top pump, bottom pump, CPU wb,vgu WB, nb WB, and back to rad. Correct?

glasslicker said:
Number two I like as I can mount the base of the pump you turned sideways in the picture against the back low wall.

The question really is will the dual pumps drive system from bottom.

So we have Rad, Res, top pump, bottom pump, CPU wb,vgu WB, nb WB, and back to rad. Correct?
Yup

Well, there is only one way to find out if it's going to work and that's to run it. Heck, we owe to everyone at OCF. We might even owe it to MANKIND! :D

At this point I feel compelled to decree, "Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding! Finalized!"

Working on installing sensors in face plate now.

Pictures up shortly.

Time to install the sensors in the face plate. Here is our stuff:

IMG_0427.jpg

The first thing I did was put three layers of painters tape on the front to keep from scratching it. I thought it was a waste of time and that I was being paranoid (aka skeered) until I did a toe dance on the face plate with the Dremel nut at about 10,000 rpm. It ate through two layers of tape, but the third saved the day. Turns out I'm only half as stupid as Mrs. Glasslicker regularly infers.

IMG_0429.jpg

Pull out the handy dandy micrometer. Please note that the carpet on the patio still hasn't been vacuumed. I need to fire the maid, ASAP.

IMG_0431.jpg

After I got the sensors centered and lines drawn, I drilled small holes in each of the corners so the Dremel had a break point and did not attempt to eat through the entire face plate. Dremels have a mind of their own and have no qualms about eating your project.

IMG_0438.jpg

Once ready to begin, I grabbed the biggest grinder I had on premises

IMG_0437.jpg

Sorry, wrong project.

I then cut out the templates with the Dremel, taking my time and staying INSIDE the lines. Not like I colored when I was 3, and certainly not like my Crazy Uncle Ron. Inside the lines, got it ?

I then fragged another 3 or 4 Dremel cutting wheels. Then I filed and filed and filed and filed, and filed some more until everything was cleaned up.

Popped the backs off of the thermal sensors, being sure that I didn't drive the Craftsman screw driver in to my leg.

Pushed the housings through the face plates and wala, I have a blurry picture.

Interestingly, the thermals are far more straight than they look in the picture !

IMG_0440.jpg

Well I just got back from New York form a 3 day vacation... and this has progressed a LOT since then. It looks like everything is going well, for the most part at least.

1. What DVD burner did you get? I know it is a NEC but which model?

2. Would the res fit in between the pumps and the mobo?

3. I don't know if you realize this or if it was intentional flip-mode, but the two revisions are exactly the same except the different pump placement.

4. I would recommend a creative labs sound blaster for an audio card.

5. To hold the temp. sensors in, you could just put a screw through the the T-line and silicon.

6. That's a pretty sweet computer Rig Rider

7. Did you get a quote for the paint?

8. Wheres my badge Flip-Mode???

9. Keep up the good work glasslicker, it is going great! Can't wait till it's finished!!!

Edit: 10. The temp sensor mount looks great! Just a question, where does the face plate go? The wire leads don't look very long so I hope you left enough wire for the sensors to fit where you planned

Last edited:
Hmm... I've been out of town since friday too, and I would have to agree that a lot has gone on since then. It looks nice. More comments to come when I finish unpacking. (and probably catch up on sleep)

dlavrenz said:
What DVD burner did you get? I know it is a NEC but which model?

NEC Silver IDE DVD Burner Model ND-3550A. I started reading about some of the hottest Burners etc. Once I thought about it, there was no need to buy a high end unit as I wont be doing a lot of burning and don't really need super speed reading ! lol

dlavrenz said:
Would the res fit in between the pumps and the mobo?

Yes.

I actually thought about it for a number of reasons; however, placing the low pump up against that wall seems to be a better answer for now. When the res arrives, I'll take a couple of pictures and show it both ways.

dlavrenz said:
I don't know if you realize this or if it was intentional flip-mode, but the two revisions are exactly the same except the different pump placement.

True, but he got rid of 2 90 degree turns !!!!!!!!! :clap:

dlavrenz said:
Did you get a quote for the paint?

Negative.

I got really disgusted and quit looking. I was catching major attitude every place I went. As soon as I finish drilling and cutting case, I'll hunt for a painter again while Pwnt By Pat is working on our fan/rad enclosure.

dlavrenz said:
Keep up the good work glasslicker, it is going great! Can't wait till it's finished!!!

Thank you for the kind words. I can't wait either and we are getting there.

I have everyone here in this thread to thank. The system is going to be far better than I could have ever done without everyone's help.

dlavrenz said:
The temp sensor mount looks great! Just a question, where does the face plate go? The wire leads don't look very long so I hope you left enough wire for the sensors to fit where you planned

The face plate goes in the bottom of the 5.25 Bay. The lines will run straight through right under the HD cage and out a card slot. The tubes from the rad will be running down the back before entering case. The sensor couplers will be installed prior to entering the case. Yes they fit but it's a little snug !

Thanks Flip.

I updated the To Do list. I did not include final assembly.

To Do list:

Install DD NV78 when it arrives.
Install res when it arrives.
Mount pumps.
Finalize hose entrance points
Finalize card slot exit for temp sensors

Cut holes near mobo board for cables
Drill holes for hose retaining rings
Rad to Pwnt By Pat for shroud creation w/drawing
Cut tubing and test water loop for 72 hours out of case.
Paint

Purchase list:

mini monitor
monitor mounting hardware
Rad grill or mesh for top of rad box
Sam Sung 19 inch 940BF

Actually, I'm thinking of running through the top slot as I need to cut it for the theral sensors. Trying to figure out how NOT to do a hack job.

Is the PCI card adapt. 1/2 inch ID? Looks like it's tiny. Plus V Mods never lists any descriptions ther than basic crap.

Back