• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp and Voltage OK?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bobo99

Registered
Capture.JPG So now that the weather has cooled down a little finally have decided to push my hardware, basically to the edge. I don't think any more voltage or frequency is attainable, without seriously degrading the life. (probably already walking on that line)

Attached are the voltages and temperatures... is anything, "too far" off whack?

Regarding the CPU, the Formula IV suffers from a HUGE vdroop. I set it to 1.55V in the bios, and would get 1.46V read by Cpu-z, had to turn on 50% LLC in order to get it stable.

The 5870 is an XFX 5870. I read you can flash the bios with an asus one to modify voltage, however I just unlocked MSI afterburner and got those settings to stick...

Everything is rock stable on BOINC 24/7, again, is there anything that is "too high"? Perhaps the 5870 VRM's are getting a tad toasty :) Its all on water of course:)

Thanks!

Last edited:
When you shrunk the pic down it messed up the fonts in your monitoring apps. So I can't read it, and I imagine others are having trouble making out the pic too.

Perhaps better now?

"Click on bar to view the full image"

I'm not an AMD person, but nothing jumps out at me as being "bad". Maybe someone more familiar with AMD processors and vid cards will chime in. The pic is much better to read now though.:thup:

Core voltage is a bit high for my personal taste, but the temps look good so I think you're likely just fine.

+1 to what bobnova said. I am not sure exactly what your running for cooling but 1.5v+ is usually reserved for Water cooling or better. Its really rather high for every day volts though.

Thanks for feedback guys!

The only concern I have is the voltage on CPU, I had to turn on the load line calibration to 50%, otherwise I'm not getting anywhere near the voltages I set in the bios. Which means I (might) be spiking high voltages on it..

GPU voltage is maxed out, however can't find it any safe values for that..

Its running on two radiators on a single loop - 360 (5 fans) and a 240(3 fans). Here is a dirty pick, its a mess atm, but its running :)

I am aware I could of done the loop much better however this was my first attempt at it...

Would like to move the radiator up externally mounted, perhaps!

Thanks!

Attachments

• trala.jpg
    trala.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 42
Back