• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp. Gage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys,

I bet this has been up before, but is there any good CPU temp gage for having on desktop?

I have tried many Windows gadgets, but non seem to work good.

Realtemp (no gadget), minimizes temps to tray.

Coretemp (has windows gadget too), also minimizes to tray.

RealTemp and CoreTemp are the best. Other than them... I don't know.

This is what I use. I have tested it against core temp and real temp and it is just as accurate. It is a standalone program and does not require any other program running in the background like coretemp does.

Actually looks pretty cool, looks to have a graphing option as well as numbers. I'm going to download it and check it out.

Gives temps to my HT cores as well as the real cores. That's sort of odd.

Sorry EarthDog. Its called Intel Core Series gadget, and it is a temp monitoring gadget that only works for the intel core series. It does not require any other program to run, like core temp does, and I have found it to give the exact same temps as core temp and real temp.

This is what I use. I have tested it against core temp and real temp and it is just as accurate. It is a standalone program and does not require any other program running in the background like coretemp does.

Looks like its ok, i have had Coretemp before, but it got really annoying having to minimize the background software everytime i booted my pc.

No background software is for sure a plus! Will try it out, thnx

Back