• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temps, temps, temps, what temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
this i think is what you are after. I do not have the other cpuz but i will find and download it friday.
Thanks

Attachments

• setting for trents.jpg
    setting for trents.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 36
Look at my last post, under the line at the bottom. That's the "sig". It travels with every post like your user name does on the left had side.

here is the cpuz info. i have been digging around on the "sig" and have not firrered it out yet.

Attachments

• cpuz.jpg
    cpuz.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 34
guys, should i turn off my antivirus and disconnect form the internet while stress testing, it looks like it dosent matter with this cpu?

to edit your sig ..... at the top just under Forums to the right you will see a link for User Cp click it and on the lfet look for Settings and Options and just below that you will see a link for editing your signature.

more things i have learned,
#1 remove case sides.
#2 socket temps count, make a big hole in mabo bracket under cpu
#3 liquid cool this beast, 120-2 at the least
#4 yes you REALLY need that 650 watt psu and mount it so it draws in its own air supply.
#5 if the fan is not attached to a radiator it IS an INTAKE fan.
#6 if the fan is attached to a radiator it must blow through the radiator, just gut a cheap 120mm fan or two and use the fan cases for spacers.

Attachments

• pull 9.jpg
    pull 9.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 30
more things i have learned
#7, do not line up your quad core work commuter, your quad core home computer, your folding 24/7 computer and your very hot running overclocking eight core toy computer in a nice pretty line under your desk.
#8, when someone says to 'try this', print it out, read it CAREFULLY 10 times before you even touch one thing.
#9 do not play 'angry birds' with your three year old grand child on your new toy hot rod, he will only leave you looking like the fool you are and when he goes home you are addicted to it like drugs.

more things i have learned
#7, do not line up your quad core work commuter, your quad core home computer, your folding 24/7 computer and your very hot running overclocking eight core toy computer in a nice pretty line under your desk.
#8, when someone says to 'try this', print it out, read it CAREFULLY 10 times before you even touch one thing.
#9 do not play 'angry birds' with your three year old grand child on your new toy hot rod, he will only leave you looking like the fool you are and when he goes home you are addicted to it like drugs.

And make sure they finish their oatmeal at the breakfast table so they can't use the leftover to fill the DVD drive tray with.

I now have the 850watt power supply in and my vcore voltage is more stable but i am still stuck at the same 4100ghz, would moving the voltage controled fans from the motherboard to the psu help?

pull 10

i have replaced my 'white box' power supply with an ultra 850 x4 redid my water block paste and added a little cardboard air splitter to get a little more air under the mother board and to the cpu socket. how am i doing so far????

Attachments

• pull 10.jpg
    pull 10.jpg
    382.3 KB · Views: 20
Caddi daddi,

I'm using a laptop these days and when you attach a pic that includes that much desktop real estate it shrinks the individual window images so much I can't make out the numbers. Remember now, I don't have young eyes. Like you, I have grand kids. It might be better to atttach each image in the group individually.

you have got be kidding me!!!!! now, just what do you mean by that?
and by the way, a dvd drive makes a fine drink holder for my bourbon, and that is all i ever have use of one.

Now that I strain my eyes a little I think I see that core temp max at about 42 C. Is that correct? If its stable at that frequency that's excellent. Have you stress tested it yet with Prime95?

i have been trying to get to 4300, i have been all the way up tp 1.41 vcore and tried every thing under the sun.... I have run this thing at 4400 and now i cant reach 4300, i am thinking about going back to the 'white box' power supply and running the fans on my weenieboard.

Back