• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Testing ram timings with memtest(bootable cd)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UltraTaco

Hello everyone, I just finished stressing new overclock and now want to try lowering timings. I have memtest86 on bootable CD and would like your opinion, is it good enough test when you want to check stability of ram on lower timings?

I just don't want to stress the whole system again with prime just to see if lower timings are stable or not. Please let me know, thank you.

Previous 7-7-7-20
New 5-5-5-15

My New overclock info is in Intel thread(called: "so I decided 4ghz"...something) if you guys need more info. Didn't want to post the whole thing. Figured it may be unnecessary.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 194607

Just to update, ran over 2 hours memtest from CD without errors, decided to go into Windows and start memtest there. As soon as I opened a few instances of memtest, got copy errors.

I guess that sums it up. Upped my timings back to last known good configuration and will keep it there.

i dont use the windows version for testing, dont trust it. i only use the memtest86+ that your using from disc for testing. id bet if you did some testing with prime95 youll find that your likely gtg. im not sure why but ive always had issues with the windows version vs memtest86+. i can run memtest86+ for days and never see an error but i cant run the windows version for more than a few hours before it spits out errors. sure enough i go test prime95 blend and it will run forever with no errors. test your oced settings and im sure youll see the same.

Well, in my case Windows based stuff seemed to work. I had one overclock where I kept getting 124 until I swapped for previous ram sticks and all went stable. When I started narrowing down which stick was bad, widows memtest showed up right away... quicker than memtest.(i tried both Windows and boot cd) I would do like 5 or 6 instances...1200mb, 64mb, 250mb...etc on Windows version.

Your MCH voltage probably needs a bit more. See if that'll run 1600 mem

MCH? Is it vtt?

It worked great for a while and after a while it didn't work

Back