• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Testing stability w/ 3dmark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
artifacts, the wierd stuff on textures, and distorted colors in stuff like fog, light reflections on water, pretty much anything unusual you dont see running at stock speed.

H4deS said:
What stuff should I loop on 3dmark to see if my card is stable?

Looping all the tests 30 times is what I do, and usually that works. If it fails in 3dMark it will probably fail in a real game, so make sure you really test it hard. Also, looping a Q3 demo for a few hours at max settings will be good too.

Re: Re: Testing stability w/ 3dmark

FoldingAddict said:

Looping all the tests 30 times is what I do, and usually that works. If it fails in 3dMark it will probably fail in a real game, so make sure you really test it hard. Also, looping a Q3 demo for a few hours at max settings will be good too.

Wouldn't it be better to just loop the tests that are very stressfull on the gpu and mem.

Re: Re: Re: Testing stability w/ 3dmark

H4deS said:

Wouldn't it be better to just loop the tests that are very stressfull on the gpu and mem.

Maybe, but sometimes you will pass the game tests, and completely fail the synthetic tests. I loop them all just to be on the safe side.

Back