• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TForce TF8200 A2+ & P2 550 x2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rumbl3

Well just curious if anyone happens to know i just picked this board up (got a awesome deal used on it). If i could run the new p2 dual core in it? I checked the biostar site and the newest bios (which it's already got on it) it can run all the way to the 940 quad and it can run the p2 tri cores. The dual core is not listed tho.

Just curious if anyone would happen to know i don't want to go ordering it and have to end up sending it back lol. I mean can always grab a tri-core the quad is to much for me i have no need for 4 cores lol.

Kind of a crap shoot, really. How old is the board? Is it still being marketed or is it out of prodution for a while now such that the manufacturer is not likely to offer more bios upgrades? Sometimes what happens in these cases is that the cpu works okay but the bios reports it incorrectly (i.e. gives it the wrong ID). That's okay, we can all live with that. Sometimes, however, the system will post but not all of the bios options will be available such as the ability to change the clock multiplier. This happend to me with an X3 8750 BE that I stuck on a Foxconn 740G based board recently. It was not listed in the supported cpu list. It posted and ran fine but the bios option for changing the multiplier was grayed out. Supposedly, a later bios put out fixed that problem but I haven't tried it since I wound up putting an Athlon X2 64BE on that board. The bios was fully functional with the X2, an older chip.

Back