• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thanks Bob4burton for the IC7-G Northbridge MOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey nycundaground. Give us a pic of your promie with the side cover off. I wanna see how you have the swifty setup on your 9800...cause I'm thinkin' about doing the same with my vapo setup. where did yuo buy yuor 3.0c chip? And what is the pack date on it? is it oem or retail? Thanks bro, krag

Hey Krag this is an exclusive pic that im showing u. Have not showed my computer to anyone yet. I ll give u a peek at it since u asked. I tore the heatsinks off my Hercules radeon 9700 and stuck them on my radeon 9800. YOu just have to plan everything out before doin and cutting of the case.

IMG_0600.JPG

I just performed the Zalman mod on the IC7-G as well.

A little note: make sure to use a little super glue or epoxy to hold the Abit fan onto the Zalman Heatsink. Not doing so could result in your fan falling off the sink while the system is running.

yup, I used the gel type Super Glue when I later added the Abit fan to my Zalman cooler.

worked perfectly. :)

For those interested in this mod , I found out that Bestbyte.com carries the
"Zalman Passive Northbridge Heatsink ZM-NB32J, Retail Box"

ONLY $3.95 w/$4 shipping !!!

Cheapest price so far that I know of .

LINKY

Enjoy ;) :D

stereo555

Hey Krag this is an exclusive pic that im showing u. Have not showed my computer to anyone yet. I ll give u a peek at it since u asked. I tore the heatsinks off my Hercules radeon 9700 and stuck them on my radeon 9800. YOu just have to plan everything out before doin and cutting of the case.

Dang bro! Your rig is KILLER!

Very nice :clap: :clap: :clap:

Looks like you have placed everything perfectly...it doesn't look cluttered at all. Thanks for the pic brudda!:)

I have done this mod too with great results! I can now run at 280 FSB with no problem! Seems the stock NB HSF is just too wimpy. I used a hot glue gun to secure the fan to the top of the cooler.

But my Theory is that u can Achieve a better Overclock if u have a bigger fan that wont be centered onto the heatsink. Because the fin that give off the most heat are the ones right in the center. And that is where the fan base operates the spinning is blocking the heat from escaping. So if u can install a fan where the spinning fins are directly over the center, u will get a bit more juice out of your system.

micamica1217 said:

is it quiet/loud ?

and is it easy to use the clips it comes with to attach to the mobo.

mica

I used it before on my Asus P4PE board. I didn't notice any loudness and it clips on to the NB very easy. The TT Tiger NB cooler is actually kinda old cause I bought it with my P4PE as soon as the board was released and it had already been on the market for a while...I thought it was kinda strange when I saw hipro give it his seal of approval.

It's the BEST so far.....A VERY good design.....The motor of the fan is in the midle of the masif alouminium witch doesn't need air....and ONLY the fins of the heatsink get's the air from the fan.....At 28*C Mobo temp and at 280MHz fsb , I get only 41*C on the Northbridge.....

krag said:

I used it before on my Asus P4PE board. I didn't notice any loudness and it clips on to the NB very easy. The TT Tiger NB cooler is actually kinda old cause I bought it with my P4PE as soon as the board was released and it had already been on the market for a while...I thought it was kinda strange when I saw hipro give it his seal of approval.

yeah, but do you think you can clip it on the IC7?

mica

ozziegn said:
yup, its indeed a worthwhile mod. I also did mine (last weekend) with perfect results.

[/IMG]

where did you get the blu heat sink? i need one of those.
thanks

AUDSCOTT said:
Pricewatch shows Newegg as the best price at $4.99 plus $5.00 shipping.

Looks great to me, as I'm at 275 FSB and think the NB is holding me back.

what brand is it? there are like, 20 different places to look for this on newegg. or, better yet, where the link to that item on egg?
thanks

Back