• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thanks Bob4burton for the IC7-G Northbridge MOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Will the Tiger 1 fit beside the Zalman 7000-Cu?? It looks like it would be a very tight squeze... I'm kind of wishing that I get a SLK-900 now as I know it would fit next to that... Has anyone put this on and seen if it would work with the Zalman??

I was wondering if the COrd would be able to fit on the N/B of the IC7... Not to sure of the spaceing on the mounting holes on the N/B but it looks like it just might fit.. Anyone out their who has a COrb mind trying and seeing if it would fit... I'm pretty sure that the COrd and Zalman CPNS 7000 would fit together... But that is just guessing.

A question here... Usually the HS is clipped with push pins or soemthing through the mobo, but the ABIT 865/75 boards don't even have holes in them. Instead they use a different wort of mounting mechanism. It's more of a retention system like the P4 HSF use. There are 4 loops shaped kinda like horseshoes and the little HSF thing.

album_pic.php

I circled the little loops in red. As you can see, will the Tiger mount without modding it too much?

I thought about modding my NB too... So question is:
Is the original NB attached to mo/bo with epoxy and is it hard to take it of ?
If it is how do you proceed ?
I bought myself a Zalman chipset cooler and will try to mod my mo/bo tonight after I get home from work :)

Melhisedek said:
I thought about modding my NB too... So question is:
Is the original NB attached to mo/bo with epoxy and is it hard to take it of ?
If it is how do you proceed ?
I bought myself a Zalman chipset cooler and will try to mod my mo/bo tonight after I get home from work :)

No epoxy , just a mild red type goop or thermal pad is under the stock NB fan . It comes off very easily .

stereo555

Well I just ordered me a tiger 1 since it seem a little better thatn the Zalman hope that solves my problems

JDLT1

JDLT1 said:
Well I just ordered me a tiger 1 since it seem a little better thatn the Zalman hope that solves my problems

JDLT1

Keep us posted JDLT1 ,

I also have the Zalman but its not yet moded or installed . Was debating on the Tiger 1 myself .
Seems my Abit NB fan is starting to make noise already :rolleyes: .
Either way , I have to change the factory NB cooler soon .

stereo555

Hi, Stereo555 the reason I went for the tiger 1 is because I dont have to mod the IC7 fan or chipset cooler, just in case if I need to rma. and yes if it solves any of my fsb problems I will post here!

JDLT1

Git my Tiger one today...I don;t know about cooling better, but at least I can hear myself think now. :D

What's Abit thinking? Using that noisy little fan! :mad:

JDLT1 said:
Hi, Stereo555 the reason I went for the tiger 1 is because I dont have to mod the IC7 fan or chipset cooler, just in case if I need to rma. and yes if it solves any of my fsb problems I will post here!

JDLT1
Sounds like a good idea since I still may RMA .
Bought a Tiger also , we'll see how things go later this week .

;)

stereo555

Ok so dont kill me

Ok I just read the entire thread...
I just want to clear a few things up before I begin this little NB project, so dont flame me :p

1) The Zalman Mod
No need for epoxy, just add a bit of AS3 on the NB, then dremel off the 3 pins at each corner of the heatsink and bolt on with the IC7-G clamps right?

Then glue/epoxy the fan on top.

2) The Tiger Heatsink
This fits on the IC7-G without modding?

What kind of temp difference do you notice with each NB heatsink option? Is it worth doing?

Oh yeah, how the heck do you remove the ABit NB heatsink anyways? LOL

THANKS!

Last question first: squeeze the clamps you see in the pics at the top of the post. push the edge of one side of the pin under/through the ringlet on the mobo and do the same on the other side.

I did the zalman mod, with added air from a 92mm zalman fan slightly off-center over my Radeon 9700 pro.

Currently at 280 fsb stable.

sweet... will try this mod over the weekend...

im currently using an slk900-u... how is this zalman cpu heatsink everyone is using? what do you idle at with that oc? i might switch ;)

The Abit NB sink is a breeze to remove.

I don't see any temp differences using the Tiger 1, but I am running 277 FSB...up from 275.

What I really notice is the "quiet." :D

With my Zalman 7000Cu cpu cooler, I average 40 deg C idle, at 280 fsb, vcore 1.66 (1.675 in BIOS).
It IS very quiet.

pvanosta said:
With my Zalman 7000Cu cpu cooler, I average 40 deg C idle, at 280 fsb, vcore 1.66 (1.675 in BIOS).
It IS very quiet.

What memory divider & timings you set your Kingston at 280?

Audscott:
Currently, my mem ratio / timings are

3:2 2-5-2-2

I will try relaxed settings at 5:4 later.

I first wanted to see if my system would even work stable at 280 fsb, which was never the case, until I disabled the bottom two gaming settings in the BIOS.

Back