• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The AMD Ryzen 7000 series is coming to gaming, thin and light laptops in 2023...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I only hope we won't have to wait over a half year for anything reasonable. Laptops with 5000 series CPUs were available 8-10 months after the CPU release, and back then, 4000 series were for barely a few weeks in stores. I remember the first gaming Dell laptop with AMD 5000 CPU had a 6-month delay.
I also don't get why laptop manufacturers still consider AMD as a cheaper option. AMD CPUs are much easier to find in cheaper business and gaming series. Business Intel laptops are better designed, usually with better features and materials. I wish that to change as I'd rather have a 6-core/12-thread AMD than a 2 P-core+4/6 E-core option from Intel.

I only hope we won't have to wait over a half year for anything reasonable. Laptops with 5000 series CPUs were available 8-10 months after the CPU release
Don't think it was that bad. In a quick search 5000H models were released Jan 2022, and I got my 5800H laptop in May, and it was possible available before that when I wasn't looking.

I also don't get why laptop manufacturers still consider AMD as a cheaper option.
I haven't checked today's market, but at the time I bought my laptop, the equivalent Tiger Lake model was 100-200 more. I decided it wasn't worth it and that an AMD APU was good enough for gaming and light uses like you have on a laptop. I recall being amused that for Cinebench the 5800H in my laptop scored higher than my 11700k desktop, although I don't expect that to be the case in heavy workloads.

Uuh, I think I can't wait that long for 2023 models to show up.
The laptop I ordered of recent, is a new variety that ships in January (2.8k IPS screen, good color, FHD webcam, 6800HS-CE cpu, good ram), so, although I wouldn't know I fear I would otherwise have had to wait 6-9 months for the next iteration of the type of laptop I am interested in, to go on sale where I live.

Back