• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

THE BONE PILE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just trying to figure out if I am flirting with danger myself... Got my fx4130 up to 4.5ghz w/1.45-1.48v, vrm sink is cool to the touch (slightly warmer than my ambient room temps, but not scolding my fingers hot).

Just trying to figure out if I am flirting with danger myself... Got my fx4130 up to 4.5ghz w/1.45-1.48v, vrm sink is cool to the touch (slightly warmer than my ambient room temps, but not scolding my fingers hot).

Blue I don't think you have anything to worry about, C/D doesn't even know what 1.4xx voltage is, his usually starts at 1.5 and works his way up till it does what he wants or it goes snap crackle pop! :D :chair:

Really though, 1.45-148 v you should be fine if the temps are in check. This is taken from an AMD guide as safe voltage. AMD_FX_Performance_Tuning_Guide, warning it's a PDF
View attachment 143999

Last edited:
K, thanks. Was just worried about the vrms on my m5a97 r1.0... CD had the most similar mobo out of y'all that do some circus stuff round here :) (BTW that was more compliment then anything)

K, thanks. Was just worried about the vrms on my m5a97 r1.0... CD had the most similar mobo out of y'all that do some circus stuff round here :) (BTW that was more compliment then anything)

:D, I don't think you really have to worry about that mobo with the Fx 4xxx it doesn't have the power draw the 6 and 8xxx do.

I was pushing well over 1.7 when it blew.
why I was up there I really don't know, that's just what I do at times.
what you will find is denab get unstable above 1.6 anyway.

fx 4170 was a disaster on that board and 4.5 was the max I could even boot and bench at.

I was pushing well over 1.7 when it blew.
why I was up there I really don't know, that's just what I do at times.
what you will find is denab get unstable above 1.6 anyway.

fx 4170 was a disaster on that board and 4.5 was the max I could even boot and bench at.

already running pretty stable on my r1.0 @ 4.5ghz. anything more requires ugly voltage (over 1.5 in order to account for LLC, or terribad vdroop [0.025-0.034v vdroop, depending on vcore settings]). Think its gonna hang here... I can run this guy for a while, see if I am happy enough to get rid of the 955BE. Then mobo upgrade, and CPU upgrade down the road. With AMD saying its gonna be 2+ years for an upgrade from them for me, I'm looking to move into an FX8XXX.

See BF i told you :D

Just be sure you will have a board that handles the 8XXX and you're prepared for the heat that comes with an OC'ed 83XX.

That's the plan. Basically cutting my teeth on the 4130, if it works for me in the mean time, then I'll put the 955 up for sale, and use that cash to pickup a better board. Then looking towards a 83XX and trying to push 4.2-4.5ghz on good air (or AIO water). I think those are reasonable goals for one of those. Looking for a good 24/7 OC, not the extreme overclocking you all do :D

That's the plan. Basically cutting my teeth on the 4130, if it works for me in the mean time, then I'll put the 955 up for sale, and use that cash to pickup a better board. Then looking towards a 83XX and trying to push 4.2-4.5ghz on good air (or AIO water). I think those are reasonable goals for one of those. Looking for a good 24/7 OC, not the extreme overclocking you all do :D
4.2-4.5 is doable on good air. I will also add I think the 8350 is a great chip, they're a blast to overclock and I use mine as an everyday machine over my 4770k/Maximus Hero rig. I don't know how to explain it but it just feels like things get done quicker on my Fx rig compared to my 4770k and both have SSD's on them. Oh and extreme overclocks, who me? :D

the 8350's seem to be the better and more fun overclockers.
I am starting to put together my plan to move to intel, psu is in canada, the two motherboards I'm interested in have not been released yet and the processor is sometime in 2015.
when you decided to upgrade let me know, I have a couple of sabertooths and will have a couple of crosshairsin the pile.

Blue I don't think you have anything to worry about, C/D doesn't even know what 1.4xx voltage is, his usually starts at 1.5 and works his way up till it does what he wants or it goes snap crackle pop!
:D I must say I laughed a lil when writing this Gonbobster but QFT, no? He He

well guys, if your going to run it hard and hot you gotta feed it heavy fuel!!!

well I cooked my 8350, again, these things just don't seem to like much over 1.6 vcore for long periods of time.
time to round up a 9590 and give it a go...........

I received an old 2500+ on a gigabyte 7VT600 from a friend that I decided to fire up last night. Since it was agp, I was going to test a small pile of old cards that I have lying around to see if they work so I can part with them.

All I remember hearing is the POST beep and then BANG!

The leftmost capacitor between the 3rd and 4th PCI slots exploded and sprayed electrolytic juice all over my desk.

My bone pile is mostly working stuff. I know I have an epox 8rda+, a dfi LAN party nf4 ultra-d with sli mod and opteron 144. I think I also have a q6600 and a c2d e6300 also on working boards. I just never seem to part with old systems unless they die! Really helped in the coin mining craze a few years ago.

Last edited:
Back