• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The :drumroll: Bullet! (mod journal)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dont wanna dampen it for you but making a bullet shape structure out of anything has its probelms woods is hard to bend the drywall probably weighs ALOT!!! If i was going to attempt this id make itas a seperate little room in my room, just use straight walls and use black fabric to partiton it to the size you want, then paint bullet decals or make a bullet shaped window. Thats about the only way i see this happening realistically and for under 500 bucks.

Look at passenger seats, they will have less wear that the drivers side.

Also consider having different levels of light. Like some low light on your keyboard/mouse. Have those different levels of light controled seperately. Try to keep the light from being in your eyes as it may distract you. Maybe refelct your main light off the ceiling or walls.

Have fun

junkyard car seats shouldnt be more than 50 a pop. any more than that and they are ripping you off. i got a set outta a 92 CRX and they are NICE, very high quality, $80 for the set (i pulled em).

as for the exterior, why not use something like masonite? or some kinda flexible plastic panelling that can be bought in 4x8 sheets?

Last edited:
For interior, why not just hook up some cold cathodes to your system, and mount a couple on the inside walls.

Give it a nice crazy blue glow.

if you can, build it up against a wall do you don't have to spend as much on the frame. Oh and instead of round, i would make it square. You could make a wooden frame like a house. Then hammer aluminum sheeting around it and nail it with one of those high powered nail air guns. Then i would attach the insulation in all the squares, you won't need to put anything on top of that unless you care about how it looks on the inside. Hammered aluminum would look cool. As to what kind of insulation, i have no clue but if people on the outside don't care, get stuff that will still let the sound sound good.

The frame is not so much round anymore. The *prelimary* blue prints should be done tomorrow evening. I will be busy trying to help my friend oc his 2.8c he just got today.....watercooled, corsair ddr500, an is7 (i think), and a 9800 pro....sounds like fun!!!

sorry no digicam here to take pictures of the stuff. Just go to home depot, they surely have it there. Most acoustic ceiling tiles can be used too, since they are made of a kind of foam that bends real easy. I know that people who really knows about this stuff can tell you where exactly to put it, but not me. All i know is that usually it is not put below the waist line on walls, usually it is from 3 to 4 feet off the floor to the ceiling

FattyMcNastyXK said:
Offtopic: If you got all that good stuff, why didn't he get an 875p board instead of 865

I wouldn't know. He just wan't me to help him get a good overclock with what he got. [/offtopic]

pvc, you asked about how much sound dampening you would need, like just where the speakers point or everywhere. the answer is everywhere, cause sound spreads out as it travels so it's gonna be hitting every interior surface. but it sounds like it shouldnt be too expensiv to cover the entire inside... so. good luck.

mod on

Alright........I am having some serious delays. My fish tank is cracking, and I need to build a new one really quick. I got some silicone on there, and hopefully that will hold it for the next week while I get my new tank built. Unfortunately, the bullet is going to have to wait. But, I still get to mod in a different way on a 180 gallon aquarium. Wish me luck! I will prolly be away from the forums for a week or so trying to get this done. I have some valued fish in my aquarium.....

Are you sure a couple large case fans would be enough to ventilate the bullet room? It's going to get hot in there with a gaming machine and a warm human body. Maybe you should stick an air conditioner on the side?

For the noise inside the bullet room, why don't you just hang a comforter or two in there? They seem to absorb sound rather well.

Good luck with the fish tank :D.

but the comforter would be kinda ghetto and it would hold in the heat even better than sound insulation will... and it's kinda hard to drill holes in a comforter... but i do like the idea because it uses stuff he would already have instead of needing to go buy or make things. if it were me, i'd probably do that, cause then you have a blanket for added comfort, sounds nice.

It would be kinda ghetto, but it would also be cheap. Since he's on a budget, he may want to do it the cheap way.

BTW, if you want to talk about ghetto, look at my heaphones :D TOne speaker broke so I hot-glue it back on. The other speaker's reinforced with electrical tape (what I use for everything!). The plug sitting on my lappy is the *ahem* electrical signal conductor or the place where I repaired the cord for free. I desoldered a 1/8in mini-jack off a dead mobo and soldered it to the cord. Then I took an 1/8in patch cable and plugged it INTO the headphones and into the lappy. That's why the cord plugged into the lappy's white and the cord on the headphones is black. lol.

IM003336.JPG

BTW, that's not a picture of my house (actually my parents house as I'm 14). I live in a rancher.

Has anyone heard of a closet?

Just get a cheap hollow door, staple some acoustic stuff to the inside and put an intake blower at the bottom, exhaust at the top. All mods would be done to the door itself and hardly any construction needed.

Then just build yourself a kickass gaming center inside the closet.

My house's closets are like 5-6 foot long, and around 4 foot deep, if you're in an older house the closet will probably be too small though.

Edit: Also, make a switch so that when you're needed whoever is outside the closet can just flip it and flash a red light so you know you're needed. Sorta like knocking, which doesn't work when you got the music cranked.

Awesome idea Strida! I wish I had closet that big though. My parents had our house custom built and they skimped on the closets. :( However, I was working on "club house" thing outside our house in the summer for the same idea as PVC. Construction halted when it got cold outside, howeverm when it does warm up, I'm finishing it. There's going to be a mini-fridge in there too.

PVC, you should put a mini-fridge in there.

if I didint have so much crap in my closet i'd do that my closet is like 11 feet long but only 2.6 feet deep, which is still enough room. All I'd have to do would be get rid of half my crap and make a partition and I'd be set.

Well, I found a way to keep my tank intact. *whew!* That closet Idea sounds like it would work really well. We are about to expand our house to one side, so I'm gonna see if I can custom build one room like that. Thanks for all the good ideas! Then I will have money to put a fridge in there too! yay!

Back