• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The fan I have on my Corsair H55 is noisy.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Friburg

Registered
Hey all, Just popping a thread in because I'm confused.

I have a Corsair H55 and when I got it I replaced the fan with a Cooler Master 120mm Sickleflow fan because the stock fan with it was really noisy. Thing is, allot of people say that the Sickleflow is a rather quiet fan, and it is. Problem is that it is still noisy, but not as noisy as it was before with the stock fan. I've changed the speed to low but it is still quite noisy. Is this because of the fins on the radiator of my H55?

I'm new to this kind of thing and know basically nothing of water cooling / air cooling.

I have five fans in my rig, two in the front, two on top and one at the back (the sickleflow) which is cooling my rad for my H55, listening to them all I know it is definitely the rad fan that is making the most noise.

So what can I do? I'm asking on here because you're all the smartest people when it comes to this stuff.

-Fri

Just to double-check which fan it is, slow down each fan one at a time by placing your finger on the fan hub.

Time to get different fans! This has been asked quite a bit in the past so check out this section and search while you wait for a reply. :)

I've sorted them all out, I set up every fan so that they would be running on 7V and they're all much quieter.

Turns out that my tests were a trick to the ear, or something like that. I was sure it was the fan on my rad but it wasn't, it was actually one of my top exhaust fans. I can barely hear my computer now, loudest fan which isn't actually all that loud is NOW my rad fan. Ironic isn't it? The loudest sound coming from my PC now is my HDD, but that's always been annoying loud when ever it is in use.

Much happier with the sound levels. Next up for my PC will be a new GPU and a SSD for my OS drive.

While I was sorting out the fans I thought I'd hit up the case with some better cable management, here's some photos.

Front:

DSC_0218.JPG

Back:

DSC_0219.JPG

Thanks for all of the help and suggestions.

-Fri

This is why I said to stop the fan with your finger to see which fan it was.
Looks like cable management was pretty easy in that case!

This is why I said to stop the fan with your finger to see which fan it was.
Looks like cable management was pretty easy in that case!

I did the stop test but I was most sure it was the rad fan. nevertheless it is sorted now, thanks for your help. Honestly the cable management was pretty hard because I want my future bay res to go at the top of my ODD, though I'll probably change it when I get it haha.

-Fri

Back