• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Great KingMax PC2700 debate. Let's end it.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Uh....Yeah I would. Cause I looked at help under windows and it told me about it. That is how I did the first one. i don't know why the white is there. But I used the ALT+PRTSCN button. Its because after I copy it I use MS PAint to save it. It ahs a white box you put your picture into. My picture wasn't as big as the white box. So when I saved it it saved everything including the white box. seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Don't have a problem. Just didn't want to do it. Do I have to do everything to your specifications whenever I decide to do something? If so please feel free to send me a copy of your expectations and specifications on everything in this world and I will do my best to obide by them for as long as I see fit.
Oh and here is your picture

**Edited by Moderator**

Nope, here is NOT your picture. That jpeg you attached is rude, uncalled for, and defintely not something we allow, or want in our Forums.

Do NOT post it again, please. If we don't allow verbal (typed) profanity, we certainly will not tolerate visual profanity.

Mr B
Forums and Classifieds Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, jimmy hijacked my thread!! :)

Anyway, unless you were responding to the voices in your head for the last 6 or so posts, if someone PM's you I suggest you PM them back rather than post one side of the conversation. It makes you look, um, what's the word...ah, yes, psycho.

Those are some nice benches, thanks for posting them with the -07a stuff you have. So, are you running 166MHz @ CAS 2 stable now? If so, you may want to update your sig.

No Im not running at 166Mhz. It won't even boot at 160Mhz. Kinda upsetting. At cas2 at 157 it gives me problems so I had to down it to cas2.5. I sent back the ram and ordered the -05 stuff.
They told me Kingmax made a mistake and misprinted al the ram. I kindly said" Yeah well give me the correctly marked stuff" they said Okay. SO it should be here sometime early this week. Hope tomorrow. Then I will re test and see were I sit at. Hopefully closer to the 2700MB/s. We'll see.

And as for the last 6 or so post I was responding to sonny. BUt he removed his post for some reason. We had it going back and forth about posting pic on the forum. Im not crazy. Oh and the picture I had up wasn't rude. I was just telling Sonny he was #1 in my book:) I don't have a first fingure so I had to use what was available.

YIIIHHAAAAAAA!!!!

I think I can finally end this post! I found a review of the kingmax pc2700 memory, and there is a photo of it next to a kingmax2400 one. If you look at the pictures on the bottom it is pretty clear that the last number does really refer to nano-seconds, and that I have one with -6 nanosecond chips!

http://www.pcpowerzone.co.uk/reviews.php?id=53&page=1

Just because this chip says -05 and the reviewer called it 5ns memory doesn't make it so. I still say that the 05's are 6ns chips. That is what all the memory programs read it as and again Kingmax has not published it as 5ns ram anywhere. That asside, it does perform pretty well. I have 2 256 sticks of the 05 stuff in a kr7a with a MP1800 running at 1733, fsb 166 or 167 at cas 222, 4way on, but command rate at 2T. 1-T won't boot at least with 2 sticks anyway, with similar Sandra scores as the reviewer in the 2222/2112 range. It would probably go higher with using only 1 stick, but I need the extra ram for graphics work. The FSB can go higher if I clock down but I find it most stable here.

Well I got my -05 marked ram today. Recap I had the -07a and sent it back. After tests of course. Ran MBM5 and found it to read exactly the same as the -07a stuff. Benchmards was alittle higher. off the bat. Benches on the old ram is in the previous posts above. SO from what I see there is no difference so far in the ram. -07a and -05 is the same so far. Will let ya know after I tweak it some and see where it sits.

2 sticks of the 05 stuff is now running stable at cas 2,command rate 2t at 171 which benches in the 24XX / 22XX range. It actually seems like pretty decent stuff, especially since using 2 sticks together.

Back