• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Hardware Destruction Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
my old Samsung cell phone damn there phones are tuff i started with two packs of blackcats sandwiched between the screen and keypad and followed it up with a M70 no damage other then some powder burns lol so had to pull out the 1200fps air rifle to finish it off
pcdestrution006.jpg

pcdestrution014.jpg

after finally hitting the camera in the hinge apparently that was the weak point in the aluminum frame lol
pcdestrution015.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations, you made me log on for the first time in multiple years to view this pictures. I thought I had finally escaped form this forum but you went and pulled me back in...

// SkuToV

Well someone's gotta get inactive members going again! ;) lol

lol thats pretty awesome. wonder how big the hole was

The hole from the explosion shown was about 18 feet across and maybe 5 feet deep. The hole in the picture with me standing in it is MUCH bigger! Pictures really do it no justice. We destroyed a cache of a dozen or so artillery rounds and an estimated 2500lbs of homemade explosives stored in burlap sacks. The hole was approximately 45ft in diameter and 15-18 feet deep!! I've done a LOT of demo over the years and I can say that the size of the crater is larger than I would have expected, but I'm going with the assumption that the ground in that area (SW of Baghdad with irrigation canals all over the place) was exceptionally soft and easily pushed out of the way.

In my old PC I found an intel celeron 335 socket type 478
a gigabyte 8S651MP-RZ
78 gb harddrive (probs listed as a 100 gig one)
a floppy and dvd drive
DDR 256MB ram
and some reallllly old PSU with no stickers so i dont know what it is
(ofc cpu fan too)

vid+pics coming soon

Last edited:
Going for a million but couldn't get there

I actually went into work one day at an unnamed Aerospace firm and there were some old things in storage that the engineers had to have destroyed, so I got to pile drive a hydraulic ram through about 4 units worth about $200,000 a pop. They were out of date by that time and had to be destoyed.

I wanted another one just so I could go for a cool million, but they only had 4 :p

My wife about freaked when I came home from work and told her I had scrapped out 800K in parts till I told her I was supposed to hehe.

I actually went into work one day at an unnamed Aerospace firm and there were some old things in storage that the engineers had to have destroyed, so I got to pile drive a hydraulic ram through about 4 units worth about $200,000 a pop. They were out of date by that time and had to be destoyed.

I wanted another one just so I could go for a cool million, but they only had 4 :p

My wife about freaked when I came home from work and told her I had scrapped out 800K in parts till I told her I was supposed to hehe.

xD

oh man.. only if i knew this thread existed back then!

I wrecked my old laptop a couple of months ago, took a hammer to it and went to town :D best fun I've had in a while, too bad i didnt take pics :(

This is how much I like ECS

Crappy hammer broke in half :(
The curse of ECS products!

Attachments

• Image0620.jpg
    Image0620.jpg
    469.4 KB · Views: 353
I like this thread. >:-D

I had a Galaxy GeForce 8800GT die today. I had replaced the thermal paste several months ago with some cheap silicone base goop I had lying around.
My intention was to replace it, when I got round to buying some decent stuff. So, I forgot about the poor 8800GT when I finally did buy some and it burnt up while my son was gaming.

The destruction of old faithful will come to pass!

I thought I'd let the community have a say on how it is destroyed.

Tools of destruction:
  • Lawn mower.
  • Son.
  • Hammer.
  • Pliers.
  • Boot.
  • Line trimmer.
  • Car.
  • Stick.

That's all the options I can think of at the moment... Let me know how you think I should lay this former beast to rest.

Thanks Bobnova. I found the baking thread.
It seems no one wants to join me on my destructive tangent.
Baking it seems like a good idea.

Back