• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The HATE for sony discussed in vivid detail please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
rainless said:
When you talk about stupid things like the rootkit... that's a completely different division. I don't suppose you can come up with anything you hate about some of Microsoft's divisions... (Who the hell do you think is IMPLEMENTING the DRM?)

Different division or not, it still is Sony, plain and simple. As for the PS3 I explained in other threads why I wouldn't get one, main reason is price.

As for hating Microsoft, I pretty much feel the same about them, I will not be buying Vista, unless I have to. I hate the idea of DRM, but until another developer publishes a mainstream OS we the customers have no choice.....wait...yes we do have a choice, don't buy their crap, but see most people give in and buy crap because they have to have the latest and greatest.

Oh and yes there is Linux, which has come a long way, but it still far from being mainstream in the public, which disappoints me.

Lets see now, where did I put my favorite Betamax player...

rainless said:
Yeah this is sort of what I meant.

Things like the one guy who said that the PS2 "lacked a killer app..."

The PS2... I don't know how many gazillion of those systems they sold... but apparently it "lacked a killer app." I guess San Andreas... which also sold a gazillion copies... didn't qualify as a killer app. Not did God of War. Or any of the earlier games like S.O.C.O.M. and Onimusha. Metal Gear Solid 2? Tekken Tag Tournament? SIX YEARS of best selling games and the Playstation 2 somehow lacked "a killer app."

I would agree, San Andreas was an excellent game for many people (I personally did not like it), and so was Socom (I like Socom). But GTA SA is not a PS2 exclusive game-it came out for both PC and XBOX I believe. And neither game was reason to buy a PS2. I personally define a killer app as something that makes people want a console, instead of wanting a console because of it's potential.

I've never been a fan of the Onimusha or Tekken series, and even less so of MGS. I know thats crazy, but I also know a LOT of people who are the same way. They might be great games, but to me...they're iffy. Tekken is just like Mario and Final Fantasy in my mind...the first incarnation was ok...the umpteenth was redundant. Metal Gear Solid, while a good game with a solid storyline, is no Halo. It's no Duck Hunt either-and I LOVED Duck Hunt. You want a good first-person-shooter? DUCK HUNT!

For me, the killer apps for the Wii and the 360 are SSBB and Halo 3. For many people the killer app for the PS3 is whatever the latest version of Final Fantasy is (Thirteen I believe), as well as Resistance and MGS4. I'm not gonna lie-Resistance looks pretty sweet, but not $600 sweet. Ironically, that would be the cost of the game + the "cheap" PS3 + tax. I'm not gonna do that. Same reason for MGS4. MGS4 to me looks like a Battlefield 2142 with a ooooooold suicidal Solid Snake. And if I wanted Solid Snake, I'd pick up a Wii and SSBB (which I am ;) )

Sorry if I seem like I'm flaming-I dont intend to be. I just like it when my views are clear!

Peace out.

P.S. I again personally hope for a way Sony could succeed. I also believe in karma, which is why I would LOVE for Nintendo to buy out Sony (after Sony basically stole the plans to the PS1...and yes I do know the whole story behind that, thats just my take on it) pour some money in, and make a combined console that plays DVD's and CD's and shiny-graphic games WITHOUT blu-ray (I consider Blu-Ray the biggest waste of $$$ on the market). It's never gonna happen, but I can dream, can't I? :beer:

I like to base my opinions off of things that actually impact me, unlike people that hate Sony for reasons that have nearly nothing to do with them, or the "I have a friend that knows some guy that broke 6 PS2s!!". I've never met a person IRL that actually took good care of their electronics and had their equipment inexplicably break.

Well I'm on Sony's side because I have:
-Owned a PS1 for a LONG time and it still works wonderfully, like the day I bought it.
-Owned a PS2, which has been just as flawless as my PS1.
-I actually enjoy the games for both consoles, everything from Final Fantasy's to God of War.
-Owned a VAIO. Before I knew enough to build a computer, my main gaming rig was a Sony VAIO. The retail computer market has gotten more competitive since then, but my old VAIO still kicks gaming online.

Now my opinion these days doesn't mean that I think Sony is the best ever. I'd probably buy a 360 before I pick up a PS3, but that's only because the 360 is so cheap. Sony is a good company, there are just better ones out that I'd choose first.

But I'll put my confidence in the PS3 because it HAS a Blu-Ray. Much like how people loved the PS2 because it was a cheap dvd player when the format was still emerging. I think it's great that the newest, most promising dvd format is being pushed, and at a solid price. I will not go with HD-DVD for the sole reason that it "isn't Sony".

I could easily flame the Sony Hating Bandwagon, but I'd like to keep the discussion civil. I'll just be the first to point fingers why crowds of people are not always using sound judgement, like a Devil's Advocate.

Shadowhawk109 said:
I would agree, San Andreas was an excellent game for many people (I personally did not like it), and so was Socom (I like Socom). But GTA SA is not a PS2 exclusive game-it came out for both PC and XBOX I believe. And neither game was reason to buy a PS2. I personally define a killer app as something that makes people want a console, instead of wanting a console because of it's potential.

I've never been a fan of the Onimusha or Tekken series, and even less so of MGS. I know thats crazy, but I also know a LOT of people who are the same way. They might be great games, but to me...they're iffy. Tekken is just like Mario and Final Fantasy in my mind...the first incarnation was ok...the umpteenth was redundant. Metal Gear Solid, while a good game with a solid storyline, is no Halo. It's no Duck Hunt either-and I LOVED Duck Hunt. You want a good first-person-shooter? DUCK HUNT!

For me, the killer apps for the Wii and the 360 are SSBB and Halo 3. For many people the killer app for the PS3 is whatever the latest version of Final Fantasy is (Thirteen I believe), as well as Resistance and MGS4. I'm not gonna lie-Resistance looks pretty sweet, but not $600 sweet. Ironically, that would be the cost of the game + the "cheap" PS3 + tax. I'm not gonna do that. Same reason for MGS4. MGS4 to me looks like a Battlefield 2142 with a ooooooold suicidal Solid Snake. And if I wanted Solid Snake, I'd pick up a Wii and SSBB (which I am ;) )

Sorry if I seem like I'm flaming-I dont intend to be. I just like it when my views are clear!

Peace out.

P.S. I again personally hope for a way Sony could succeed. I also believe in karma, which is why I would LOVE for Nintendo to buy out Sony (after Sony basically stole the plans to the PS1...and yes I do know the whole story behind that, thats just my take on it) pour some money in, and make a combined console that plays DVD's and CD's and shiny-graphic games WITHOUT blu-ray (I consider Blu-Ray the biggest waste of $$$ on the market). It's never gonna happen, but I can dream, can't I? :beer:

Don't worry about seeming like you're flaming. I'm a big boy... and as long as you don't accuse me of being an ATI of NVIDIA fan-boy... I can take it :)

Funny how you mention about the first game in the Tekken and Final Fantasy series being great and later games being redundant... then you go right ahead and make the claim that Halo 3 is some sort of "Killer App." Interesting parallel.

And San Andreas WAS an exclusive on the PS2 for at least a year... maybe longer... following it's release. Just like every other GTA game was. And it sold many a PS2. As did S.O.C.O.M. of course. (Although I got into the S.O.C.O.M. realm sort of late in the game.) It's exactly like how Resident Evil 4 was a Gamecube release that sold pretty much every latter-day gamecube still laying around... but was then released for PS2 a year later. There's always going to be games like that. Unless your own company makes the game you have little control of where it is released. The Smackdown Series of games also far outsold wrestling games on any other system and sold a ton of PS2s (they were at the top of gamefaqs' message boards for almost a year.)

I have too many platinum-selling PS2 games upstairs to even remember which ones were exclusives. But they had them. And those systems DID sell.

Seven said:
Nintendo has a messed up corporate strategy, which is why they've fallen behind Sony and Microsoft (who JUST started).

What happened to my beloved fatass italian plumber? What happened to my REALISTIC forest-child turned savior of hyrule? What happened to nintendo's Million Seller Club?

Nintendo, you screwed up. Sorry.

HOWEVER: I do give Nintendo credit for managing to produce an interesting system with Wii. But it's a novelty that will soon wear off after a few games, just like Gamecube did. I played 4 games, beat a few, but most of them were not that great for a next-gen system. We're looking at an age where next-gen discs are coming into play, just like they were 6 years ago, yet there still is not a standard between all 3 consoles. I have to say Xbox did dark-horse the competition and pretty much come up to a point where they're leading the race, but I have to wonder, which company is going to go the way of Sega or Atari so many years ago?

I doubt if ANY of the companies currently in competition will go the way Sega and Atari went. They all have too much infrastructure. I think if Sony or Nintendo were going under, the Japanese government would probably bail them out. And we already know there's NO CHANCE IN HELL of Microsoft going under. So these contenders are here to stay. What remains to be seen is how successful Sony and Nintendo can be this time around. All that advertising capital Nintendo is currently tossing around had better damned well translate into strong sales beyond christmas, or Luigi is going to have a problem...

And the PS2 was relatively expensive when it was first released, but it wasn't NEARLY the investment the PS3 was. (You'd have to go with powers of TEN.) And they simply don't have the financial stability that Microsoft had when it released the Xbox. Like the Xbox however, in that console generation, Sony will have the more powerful system. This means if they can pull their act together, they will share all the advantages Microsoft had in the last console generation: 1. Ports will always look better on the PS3, 2. If they're online component can really compete with Live AND be free, Microsoft is in big trouble. 3. There's STILL the fact that Nintendo hasn't breathed a WORD about their online strategy.

And if great quality Blu-Ray discs (movies of course) start hitting the shelves, Sony could actually see themselves at a tremendous advantage (at least a POTENTIAL advantage) after the holidays. You have to remember, having a video game system play DVDs in the year 2000 was quite an accomplishment at the time...

Last edited:
PSP movie sales have made a TON of money for the sony psp.

Im thinking blu ray will do just the same for ps3 not to mention all the games.

Either way dvd will be replaced soon, either by blu ray or hd dvd

Not totally replaced but im sure blockbuster will start making a small section and then expanding it every few months?

REMEMBER vhs tapes. you cant even find one in blockbuster anymore. Unless its in a big bin for like 3-5 bucks

rainless said:
I've been on the fence about getting a PSP for a while now. I finally got a chance to try Tekken: Dark Ressurection in a Store... Forget about it. There's nothing on the DS, or any other Portable system that's ever been released like it. The closest I can think of is SNK vs. Capcom on the Neo Geo Pocket Color, where throwing a simple fireball was such an amazing acomplishment because it felt more like the arcade than any console fighting game ever released. Tekken: Ressurection isn't some sort of "LITE" version. It's an actual Tekken game. All the buttons, the graphics, the characters... All of it. I couldn't really get Jin to do everything I wanted him to do, but I haven't really played as him since Tekken Tag, so that stands to reason.

As for Sony being overpriced... They were always priced higher than their competition. It used to be because the higher quality of their components (VCRs, Television, Trinitron Monitors... etc) The last of those products I have (my VX-2000 DV camera) was patented almost ten years ago ( got my about five years ago) so I can't really comment on their more recent products (besides the PS2 and PSP). But I can say that sony was the first company to release a +/- DVD writer, and that for a number of years they're writers were among the best.

As for the PS3... The cell processor was just a stupid idea. But you're contradicting yourself by saying "equal results" you just said it was "slightly more powerful." It's actually a LOT more powerful. And what we're talking about is basically the difference in power between the X-box and the PS2. If the Xbox wasn't more powerful than the PS2 (and if it wasn't for the Xbox live) the Xbox would have failed. Plain and simple. The Xbox succeeded because, in games that were released for both systems, the graphics were usually better and the online connectivity pretty much ALWAYS better on the Xbox. (The gamecube could have shared a similar success if it wasn't for some particularly STUPID decisions on the part of Nintendo.)

What I don't understand is that, if nobody hates Nintendo for some of the boneheadedly similar decisions that they made (people DID buy those network adapters that never went anywhere...) why are people hating Sony now?

When you talk about stupid things like the rootkit... that's a completely different division. I don't suppose you can come up with anything you hate about some of Microsoft's divisions... (Who the hell do you think is IMPLEMENTING the DRM?) It just so happens Nintendo doesn't HAVE another division to pick on. I mean you have people here complaining about friggin' car radios...

What is wrong with my dislike of Sony being lumped together AS ONE?

Sony Music
Sony Games
Sony Electronics (Home/Mobile)
Sony parts
ALL part of SONY.
Bad parts of a company are one thing, a store that sucks doesnt mean the chain does, a REGION or DIVISION that sucks is MORE Indicative of a problem.

Sony X is STILL sony.

THe music division says that everyone is stupid when people noticed the Rootkit.

The electronics division says everyone is stupid because 75%+ of their electronics DIE or malfunction within a few years.

The Car Audio division ADMITS everyone is stupid when they name their Car Audio Xplod and people buy it.

I dont game on Consoles much if at all, I will probably NEVER get a Gamecube, PS3, X box OR a Xbox2, I do own a PS2 for the very few games that I occasionally play.

For that matter I thought of another reason I dislike Sony (and MS is included in this reason),

Sony:"Ok lets make a new format that we will try to force acceptance of!"
MS: NODS
Rest of the World: "Uh Why?"
Sony and MS: "Because we know what is best sheep, do as we say!"

How many times has the above happened and failed?

Adragontattoo said:
What is wrong with my dislike of Sony being lumped together AS ONE?

Sony Music
Sony Games
Sony Electronics (Home/Mobile)
Sony parts
ALL part of SONY.
Bad parts of a company are one thing, a store that sucks doesnt mean the chain does, a REGION or DIVISION that sucks is MORE Indicative of a problem.

Sony X is STILL sony.

THe music division says that everyone is stupid when people noticed the Rootkit.

The electronics division says everyone is stupid because 75%+ of their electronics DIE or malfunction within a few years.

The Car Audio division ADMITS everyone is stupid when they name their Car Audio Xplod and people buy it.

I dont game on Consoles much if at all, I will probably NEVER get a Gamecube, PS3, X box OR a Xbox2, I do own a PS2 for the very few games that I occasionally play.

For that matter I thought of another reason I dislike Sony (and MS is included in this reason),

Sony:"Ok lets make a new format that we will try to force acceptance of!"
MS: NODS
Rest of the World: "Uh Why?"
Sony and MS: "Because we know what is best sheep, do as we say!"

How many times has the above happened and failed?

Again, your analysis is flawed. You might as well say that "Computers" are not quality products.

First of all one division of Sony is not indicative of the company as a whole. Sony merely OWNS Columbia pictures, for example. That movie studio more-or-less exists and operates as it always did. They just have more advertising through Sony's money.

You just happen to be on a GAMES thread talking about an as-of-yet unreleased Sony VIDEO GAME SYSTEM... and you want to complain about how much you hate their car radios. Last car radio I had was a Sony. And to be honest? I kinda liked it. (This was an 89 chevy cavalier mind you...) It had a cassette deck with a digital radio AND a search feature on the cassette deck! It was track skipping without having a CD!

Man I loved that radio...

Where did I solely state that the PS3 was the cause of my dislike?

The OP stated what is your dislike for SONY not SOE nor Sony Electronics.

I do not base my opinions of a company solely on a single dislike.

SOE does a good job of marketing and releasing games, SOE also does a great job of ****ing off their fan/playerbase by deciding to take a game and do a 180 with it (the Jedi, combat, skills, professions changes in SWG).

Sony Music releases a Rootkit and states that Everyone is stupid and would never notice or even know what a rootkit is.

Sony has historically been notable for creating its own in-house standards for new recording and storage technologies instead of adopting those of other manufacturers and standards bodies. The most infamous of these was the videotape format war of the early 1980s, when Sony marketed its Betamax system for video cassette recorders against the VHS format developed by JVC. In the end, VHS gained critical mass in the marketplace and became the worldwide standard for consumer VCRs and Sony adopted the format.
Sony 1080i HD Camera
Enlarge
Sony 1080i HD Camera

Since then, Sony has continued to introduce its own versions of storage technologies, with varying success. Examples include:

* Video8/Hi8/Digital8 — In 1985, Sony introduced the Handycam, one of the first Video8 cameras. Much smaller than the competition's VHS and Betamax video cameras, Video8 became very popular in the consumer camcorder market.
* MiniDisc was created by Sony for use in portable music players. They were designed to share the market of Walkman products. Low consumer adoption has seen the product fail outside of the Japanese market.
* Sony also makes heavy use of its Memory Stick flash memory cards for digital cameras and other Sony portable devices; however, few other manufacturers are also making use of this technology.
* One successful attempt was the introduction of the 90mm micro floppy diskettes (better known as 3.5-inch floppy disks), which Sony had developed at a time when there were 4" floppy disks and a lot of variations from different companies to replace the then on-going 5.25" floppy disks. Sony had great success and the format became dominant; 3.5" floppy disks gradually became obsolete as they were replaced by more current media formats.
* The DVD: In the early 1990s two high-density optical storage standards were being developed: one was the MultiMedia Compact Disc (MMCD), backed by Philips and Sony, and the other was the Super Density disc (SD), supported by Toshiba and many others. Philips and Sony abandoned their MMCD format and agreed upon Toshiba's SD format with two modifications based on MMCD technology.
* Sony attempted, unsuccessfully, to compete with the Iomega Zip drive and Imation SuperDisk with their HiFD.
* In 1993, Sony challenged the industry standard Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound format with its newer and more advanced proprietary motion picture digital audio format called SDDS (Sony Dynamic Digital Sound). This format employed eight channels (7.1) of audio opposed to just six used in Dolby Digital 5.1 at the time. Unlike Dolby Digital, SDDS utilized a method of backup by having mirrored arrays of bits on both sides of the film which acted as a measure of reliability in case the film was partially damaged. Ultimately, SDDS has been vastly overshadowed by the preferred DTS (Digital Theatre System) and Dolby Digital standards in the motion picture industry. SDDS was solely developed for use in the theatre circuit; Sony never intended to develop a home theatre version of SDDS.
* Since the introduction of the MiniDisc format, Sony has attempted to promote its own audio compression technologies under the ATRAC brand, against more widely used formats like MP3. Until late 2004, Sony's Network Walkman line of digital portable music players did not support the MP3 de facto standard natively, although the software SonicStage provided with them would convert MP3 files into the ATRAC or ATRAC3 formats.
* Sony is currently touting its Blu-ray Disc optical disc format, which is likely to compete with Toshiba's HD DVD. As of quarter one of 2006, Blu-ray Disc has the backing of every major motion picture studio except Universal.
* Sony and Philips jointly developed the Sony-Philips digital interface format (S/PDIF).
* Sony and Philips introduced the high-fidelity audio system SACD in 1999, but it has since been entrenched in a format war with DVD-Audio. At present, neither has gained a major foothold with the general public. CDs are preferred by consumers because of their ubiquitous presence in consumer devices.
* OpenMG, a digital rights management system.
* ARccOS, a copy control system for DVDs.
* Universal Media Disc (UMD) is an optical disc medium developed by Sony for use on the PlayStation Portable. It can hold 1.8 gigabytes of data, which can include games, movies, music, or a combination thereof. Though sales of UMD movies were mediocre, sales of UMD games sky rocketed.
* MpegMovieVX (Also known as MPEG-VX, EX and HQX) is the video format used in Sony Cyber-shot digital still cameras. It is a proprietary implementation of the MPEG1 standard, which Sony first used in their DSC-F55 model in 1999 and has been using ever since. The format is undocumented and has only recently been reverse engineered by the company Makayama, who use it in their consumer software Digital Camera Media Studio [22].

Fictitious movie reviewer

In July 2000, a marketing executive working for Sony Corporation created a fictitious film critic, David Manning, who gave consistently good reviews for releases from Sony subsidiary Columbia Pictures, which generally received poor reviews amongst real critics. [23]

A parody in 2004 was made involving Garfield the movie (which ironically had mostly all negative reviews), which has David Manning giving it two thumbs up because he will like any movie. However, it was made by 20th Century Fox, not Columbia Pictures.

Digital rights management

Main article: 2005 Sony CD copy protection scandal

In October 2005, it was revealed by Mark Russinovich of Sysinternals that Sony BMG Music Entertainment's music CDs had installed a rootkit on the user's computer as a DRM measure (called Extended Copy Protection by its creator, British company First 4 Internet), which was extremely difficult to detect or to remove. This constitutes a crime in many countries, and poses a major security risk to affected users, as well as a small drain on computer system resources. The uninstaller Sony initially provided removed the rootkit, but in turn installed a dial-home program that posed an even greater security risk — a fact that drew further criticism of Sony's actions. Sony eventually provided an actual uninstaller that removed all of Sony's DRM program from the user's computer. Sony BMG is facing several class action lawsuits regarding this matter.[citation needed]

There is a few PRIME examples (taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony)

SOE took SWG which many people liked and turned the game completely around (the Jedi has to be earned, about a year later ok you can start as a Jedi NM).

My and MANY peoples dislike of Sony stems not from one single action but many. The quality of Sony as a company has been vastly overrated lately.

The quality of their electronics is quickly approaching the same level of quality that Ford, GM, Buick etc have (a few good models but generally a joke). Their TV's and monitors are not any better then the competition but yet they are priced a few hundred or more then then an exact model made by a different manufacturer. My father went through 2 models of the same reciever (1st was sent back to Sony under warranty and they exchanged it, the second they refused to fix stating the warranty was void after exchange), he bought a Pioneer reciever and hasnt had a single issue with it(it is on 24/7 excluding power outages).

The quality of SOE is a joke, and people actually dread games that they release (Vanguard looks like a great game but many people have actively stated doubt now that SOE is distributing the game).

Ahh, I have remembered another reason to dislike Sony.

When they were touting the capacity of one of their portable music players (can't remember exactly which one, it was at the time of MP3s though - may have been a minidisc that used MP3s) they claimed it held however many thousand songs*

*Encoded at some terrible bitrate that no one would ever use

And I believe they may have got in trouble for it.

Here I will reveal the TRUE nature of my Sony hatred.

2 dead PS-One's and a 3rd on its' last legs
1 dead PS2 but the second one is fine
I own over a DOZEN consoles and Sony is the only one to have ever bitten the dust and 3 of them at that.

Blu-Ray. I hate Blu-Ray because Sony is trying to force it down people's throats, it is more expensive than HD-DVD and initially they were going to REQUIRE HDMI to play in high-def and I'd be screwed since my HDTV only has component. The backlash caused them to back off of this though. THEY ARE ALWAYS TRYING TO PUSH SOME EXPENSIVE PROPRIETARY FORMAT.

Rootkit: we all know about this

Lik-Sang and every other company Sony has strong-armed over the years.

That's it... That's why I hate them.

Zatrix said:
Well im for one am sick of dvd's. sure they are good but there time has come. Be gone with dvd's just like we are basically done with vhs. Time for the next generation BLU RAY.

Imo atleast.

Screw BluRay. HD-DVD FTW!!!!

There's more to the next generation than blu Ray. As of now, there's no huge advantage to either HD-DVD or BluRay.

rainless said:
As for the PS3... The cell processor was just a stupid idea. But you're contradicting yourself by saying "equal results" you just said it was "slightly more powerful." It's actually a LOT more powerful. And what we're talking about is basically the difference in power between the X-box and the PS2. If the Xbox wasn't more powerful than the PS2 (and if it wasn't for the Xbox live) the Xbox would have failed. Plain and simple. The Xbox succeeded because, in games that were released for both systems, the graphics were usually better and the online connectivity pretty much ALWAYS better on the Xbox. (The gamecube could have shared a similar success if it wasn't for some particularly STUPID decisions on the part of Nintendo.)

What I don't understand is that, if nobody hates Nintendo for some of the boneheadedly similar decisions that they made (people DID buy those network adapters that never went anywhere...) why are people hating Sony now?

I am basing my statements on comentd from developers like John Carmack who say the PS3 is slightly more powerful, but that you won't notice the difference between it and the 360. If that is correct and I will take his and other developers word over anyone elses at this point then the PS3 is lsightly more powerful, but the results will be equal (to our perception).

Now they could be wrong, but we won't know for sure until its out or even out for a few years depending on what devs can do with both systems.

Don't say nobody:D Ask anyone here because i'm sure most are tired of hearing complain about Nintendo's decisions.

Why they forget all the screw ups and let downs Nintendo has had is beyond me, also. People say they don't have flopped products or never had manufacturing faults or never had shortages when we all know about things like the power glove, Virtual Boy, NES cartrige alignemnt problems, dead pixels on the DS, DS Lite shortages, lack of online support, etc.

I know people grew up with the plumber, but that really doesn't explain why people think their poo doesn't stink they everyone elses. Or why people are always calling them inovative when 95% of their best selling stuff is just rehashed NES stuff or old genres with added mushrooms and turtles.

Its a mystery like why fat girls are always cooler than skinny ones or why dorks have debates over video game consoles and make fat girl analogies:D

ps MS/Xbox has pleanty of faults too I just never have to bring them up because they/it is such a popular target. Once that stops I'll have to point out its faults to bring balance and harmony to the universe once again (looking for my Jedi smiley?!?!?!).

FudgeNuggets said:

lol, that was funny.

Sort of like Triumph(sp?) the Wonder Dog and that Star Wars premier.

Last edited:
I'd take anything John "Daikatana will be the best game EVER" Carmack said with a grain of salt.

"A bee that can't make honey anymore... is a USEDTA-BEE!"
-Slick

My PSX still works, my PSone sill works, my P2 still works, my PS2 slim still works, and my PSP works.

PS2 was great, for its time. The PSP... I use as a MP3 player with a 2gb card. My PS2 suffers from me not seeing any games I like anymore, my PSP suffers more so. If sony added a keyboard, and maybe a version with touch screen and give the homebrew folks some leeway... I would be very very happy.

Proably gonna buy the PS3 when it comes out... cant wait for FFXIII and Ace Combat 6!

Just wait till you can get 4-5 layer BR-DVD disks with 100gb per layer! w00t!

Last edited:
rainless said:
I'd take anything John "Daikatana will be the best game EVER" Carmack said with a grain of salt.

"A bee that can't make honey anymore... is a USEDTA-BEE!"
-Slick

I wouldn't write off one of the best, if not the best, game programers ever based on that. A producer he is not, but he is an absolute master with game engines.

Back