• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Idea's Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Swiftech 6002, and 6002-A are discontinued. I can't seem to find them for sale anywhere on-line. Looking at the new WBs it sure looks like the price of copper is affecting design as it looks like new ones from all manuf. are mostly plastic, wouldn't doubt if the blocks are machined thinner/smaller too. :-/

Maybe this will pave the way for more common aluminum. But aluminum isn't so easily joined as copper. (For Joe 6 pack, i.e. me, anyways).

price of copper has gone stupidly high :( One of the biggest mines is having a workers strike and the other was having some issues, it will take at least five years for any new mine to get to full production levels leaving a shortage of production with a massive global demand = stupidly high cost :(

I wonder if we can figure out a new type of tubing that is cheaper but not stupidly hard to braze/weld.

What else is normaly used?
stainless sounds hard to bend and probibly just as expensive.

Back