• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Next project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the string is just to hold the mesh in place while the glueing is being done because it will be glued in position upside down so i can make sure the position is square using my uber secret method!

Attachments

• resmesh3.JPG
    resmesh3.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 458
notice the mesh disc is almost the perfect size to fit in the tube . it will have some play though .

Attachments

• resmesh4.JPG
    resmesh4.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 497
and part 2 of how i align everything. notice the fine technilogical hardware and technique used to do this!

Attachments

• topposition1.JPG
    topposition1.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 453
and finaly some glue action ( somehow that reminds me of jr high super glue and toilet seats , not that i ever did anything like that ;) )

Attachments

• gluedinposition1.JPG
    gluedinposition1.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 453
now to let it all dry and test it out for leaks

hope to have more about it soon but i cant force the glue to cure any faster without risk to project

ahh that reminds me . need to go to tokyu hands ( not tokyo) and get a good 1/2 inch ball valve for the fill.

go figure.
after coming back from the store i found and bought another screen almost the same as the one you see inside the res except its copper only. im hesitant to take it apart just to replace the screen so will leave it the way it is untill i see some possible oxidization which may not occure depending on how much nickle is in the steel

the purpose of the mesh is to stop suction created vortexs .

you remember watching the water drain from your bath tub with a wide 1 inch opening into the drain. well imagine a pump sucking action that already creates cavitation.

as for doing everything by hand. pretty much but what you see will be nearly complete. i may suspend it from the top of a case using very thick military grade retainer bands ( like rubber bands but much thicker )

i could actualy seal the res directly to the pump and suspend all of it to completely elliminate vibration but i think that eventualy the vibration stress would make the seal break and cause a leak. hence the tubbing bridging gap

Back