• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Official Battlefield 4 Thread - Report Performance & Experiences Here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Everything is up to date. I think it's just the ultimate stress test for some weird reason even though metro last light has better graphics.

Oh, I believe metro stresses the GPU a tad more than BF I believe. Now slap either one in surround and now were talking. lol

It definitely does. If I crank everything in BF4 at 1440p i barely average 60fps. In metro I probably struggle to hit 30fps. I don't quite remember but it lags.

just saw that the naval strike will be delayed for PC due to glitches. However the console versions will be released today.

just saw that the naval strike will be delayed for PC due to glitches. However the console versions will be released today.

Screaming where their priorities are. Used to be a PC game and now Console has taken another victim. Once greed gets in the way, quality goes to s**t.

Screaming where their priorities are. Used to be a PC game and now Console has taken another victim. Once greed gets in the way, quality goes to s**t.

Not that I completely disagree, but there are quite a few more variables to test out and get working with PC releases as opposed to console. Consoles have exactly 1 variation of hardware. PCs have ... a lot more.

Not that I completely disagree, but there are quite a few more variables to test out and get working with PC releases as opposed to console. Consoles have exactly 1 variation of hardware. PCs have ... a lot more.
I had to quote this... thanking was just not enough. :thup:

True............true :thup: I let my emotions get the best of me. :salute:

At this point, I'm kind of glad that they realized there is an issue, and are trying to address it before it turns into yet another thing to complain about... (There are/were many!)

I'm pretty pumped for this release, way more so than the 4 BF3 maps that got redone...

Doesn't help either that BF4 is released on four different consoles as well as the PC. That dev team and QA have to be spread thin.

Well, played a bit with 14.3/Mantle on a 1080p with rig in sig, and only thing I can say is that I miss a 1440p/120Hz monitor...

More data to dump :)

These results are far from scientific. They're from FRAPS logs over the past 6 months with several different video cards and a few different video setting configs.

These are averages in multiplayer across several different maps. Some of these are better than others because I had more entries to use when computing the average, so take them with a grain of salt. Mostly 32-64 person servers.

Basically, I list the relevant hardware info and graphics settings above the average and minimum FPS. If anything changed in hardware, I make note of the changes and everything else is to be considered the same as previously mentioned.

7950/i5?/ram@1600mhz - Ultra preset, 1080P
avg: 65.5 min: 45.1

avg: 62.5 min: 45.2

ram@2133mhz
avg: 63.9 min: 42.7

avg: 78.3 min: 51.7

280x
avg: 81.6 min: 57

90 FOV
avg: 72 min: 47.7

14.1 driver
avg: 70.6 min: 47.1

resolution scaling 130%
avg: 52 min: 25

MSAA 2X
avg: 64.4 min: 29

resolution scaling 125%, MSAA 4X
avg: 53.3 min: 27

resolution scaling 120%
avg: 54.5 min: 33

resolution scaling 120%, MSAA 2X
avg: 68.9 min: 36.5

290x
avg: 71.5 min: 48.3

resolution scaling 100%, ultra preset
avg: 90.3 min: 55.3

avg: 66.3 min: 39.4

Last edited:
So i sat down and finally bothered to play single player. Some cool missions, nothings i need to play twice. Kinda short single player mode, infact very short. Im the type of guy that thinks Assassins Creed is too short as far as story mode goes.

Right now im just posting while waiting for the 25mins credits to end.

Did you play BF2 when their was NO (Well, 1 training mission of CTF) single player mode? lol, multi-player is BF4's bread and butter. CoD can have the single player as far as I'm concerned.

BF2 + x-pacs is honestly IMO the best in the series. But, I haven't played BF Bad Company, or BC 2. I have only played BF2, BF2 MC on PS2 (totally different game than PC BF2), BFFree, and BF4

If they would make the weapons realistic, and stop rewarding pingers with their "netcode" BF4 would be 10x better.

If you think the weapons are realistic.. some personal stats for you. I have hit a moving target with an M4 @ 600 yards. M249B and M60 are insanely easy to control when on a bipod, the M60 even more so on its tripod mount. @ 100 yards you can make a smiley face with 4 trigger pulls, circle, 2 eyes, and a mouth. This whole jumping around thing is foolish. Among other frustrating differences between most of the weapons real life counterparts. Also a huge fan of how the char's take their sweet time reloading as if they are @ a friends house shooting paper plates tacked to a tree.

BF2 + x-pacs is honestly IMO the best in the series. But, I haven't played BF Bad Company, or BC 2. I have only played BF2, BF2 MC on PS2 (totally different game than PC BF2), BFFree, and BF4

If they would make the weapons realistic, and stop rewarding pingers with their "netcode" BF4 would be 10x better.

If you think the weapons are realistic.. some personal stats for you. I have hit a moving target with an M4 @ 600 yards. M249B and M60 are insanely easy to control when on a bipod, the M60 even more so on its tripod mount. @ 100 yards you can make a smiley face with 4 trigger pulls, circle, 2 eyes, and a mouth. This whole jumping around thing is foolish. Among other frustrating differences between most of the weapons real life counterparts. Also a huge fan of how the char's take their sweet time reloading as if they are @ a friends house shooting paper plates tacked to a tree.

Are you saying they are easier to control in the game than RL or vice versa? I carried a 249 on deployment and my opinion would be the former. I think they did a pretty good job on the physics in BF4. It's not a sim, so it can't be perfect. It has to be a little "arcade-y". :)

Back