• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG The rebuild - Corsair 600T White - She Grows once more!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The pc has been finished, fired up and now i have found out one of my 7970ghz has also lost its life.

Its happend to be the one i placed in top slot, so took some time, but system is running right now with only one gpu. I already look forward to another rma, but since i watercooled the card i do fear the out come :(

Update.

So as mentioned in the post above, the system i running minus one gpu.

I dont know, but i fear this could be something that happened while the old motherboard died.

Anyway, i have some pictures.

A couple of things mounted, CPU 4+4, fan controller and a few other things.

DSCN3478 (Custom).JPG
DSCN3479 (Custom).JPG
DSCN3480 (Custom).JPG

All done (well i thought i was...:-/)
DSCN3483 (Custom).JPG
DSCN3484 (Custom).JPG
DSCN3485 (Custom).JPG
DSCN3481 (Custom).JPG
DSCN3482 (Custom).JPG

As i said, the top gpu is dead, and i removed it, and put the other card in the top position.

I need to figure out how i am going to test the GPU, since both my rigs are watercooled, its kinda hard, well i know its not working on one of them.

Apart from that, there were a few problems with getting the rig to boot, but i just had to figure out a few things in bios.

I am posting this from the rig, so its working. I rally like my Aqua Computers fan controller so far, its pretty sweet, just need to have time to figure it all out.

Stay tuned I guess.

sucks to hear that your gpu stop working, but really nice cable management.also like the back plate for that mb.

Thanks, I do spend a lot of time on the cables, and I do think it turned out pretty good this time around.

Its a really bummer with the GPU. I hope it can get an RMA, but time will tell.

Welcome to the forums, im glad you enjoyed my build. Are you planning on getting a 600T?

Thanks for the welcome...

I'm not 100% sure, but so far I like the 600T(white) the best. If I decide to take on a custom workstation, I would like to display it, wire tucks, lights, color coordinated components and all. What I like about this one in particular, it looks clean, vent positions make sense, the volume is nice (lots of room to tinker).
But I'm on the fence to be honest, I've already purchased a refurbished Thinkstation S30 (E5-1650) for home, to work and play a little. I jumped on the deal because Lenovo's (outlet) page does not sell duplicates, you see it, but it, or lose out. 1yr warranty and 30day return policy, I couldn't lose.
I also know little projects like this can turn into time vampires, that's why I joined Overclockers in the first place... no one knows computers better than you guys! I can learn more here in a day than spending weeks searching google :D Overclockers will help me make a more informed decision.
BTW, I hope you get things worked out... saw the mishap.

Good news! My 7970 is being replaced, the new one will arrive while i am away on business, but seems like sapphire are much easier to deal with.

Should be back in the case and working soon then Pierre, nice to see a quick turn around looking forward to seeing some results posted soon!!

Regards,

AJ.

Update

IMG_1019 (Custom).JPG

I need to buy new copper heatsinks, they should get here next week, and then the card will be mounted.

Last edited:
I would take the time to test and check out the GPU before you install the water block!! ;) :thup:

That way you would know you have a 100% working card with drivers installed ready to go!! Yes Pierre its some thing i should have done myself and paid a high price for not checking things out here. :facepalm:

Regards,

AJ.

I would take the time to test and check out the GPU before you install the water block!! ;) :thup:

That way you would know you have a 100% working card with drivers installed ready to go!! Yes Pierre its some thing i should have done myself and paid a high price for not checking things out here. :facepalm:

Regards,

AJ.

I am sure it works, im not scared. In any case, Sapphire did a straight swap, and they were fast about it, so im ok.

Plus, its not as easy to just pull a card out and test when you have a custom loop in a case.

You have Sli issues, i dont have that ;)

Turned out to be a duff or faulty card which i only found out, a lot latter on down the road my friend oh well!!

AJ.

Update.

Today I finally got around to playing with my Aquaero 5 LT.

Until now, i had just run the system with a max rpm of 900rpm.

To the point. I love this controller, I cant see my self ever using any other controller, unless cheaper, and just as good controllers come along on the market.

I have spent a few hours setting up the controller today, installing the sensors for data loggin, and also setting up the fans for speed control via the temps.

The fans setup is:
On one channel 120 Push/Pull as the top fans on the 240mm rad.
On one channel 120 Push/Pull as the bottom fans on the 240mm rad.

These are setup to run on the CPU package temps.

The top 2 fans will run on at 22% about 350/400rpm when CPU temps go above 40degress, and the bottom 2 fans will start running at same speeds, but not until CPU package hits 50degrees, from there on they pretty much follow the same scale, in speed increase as temps go up.

The top 360mm rad with the 3x 120, is running a similar way, they are run of the GPU #1 temp, and kick in at about 45 degrees and slowly increase in speed as temps go up.

I simply love this system! Of course there is still a bunch of tweaking with the setup, but for now Im very happy, and the system is dead silent.

As far as the full system, I am currently running the CPU at 4,4Ghz @ 1.250v, and seems to be stable, so far. GPU's are running stock clocks.

I ran a 3dMark11 test, to compare with the old 3770K setup.
I had to overclock CPU, GPU and Ram to hit around 16000 points.

Currently the ram is running at stock speeds (1866Mhz stock ratios) , along with the GPU's, and I hit 15800points, so i am very pleased with the rig so far. http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7378037

That said, I am having some data reading issues on CPU wattage, and shut down issues, some times the rigs stays on, after Windows has shut down.

EDIT:

Did a small OC on the GPU's I am very happy with the results: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7378303

Last edited:
Update:

I have had a bunch of issues with the rig, turns out most of them came down to a faulty SSD. Once that was unplugged, everything started to come together.

I took a bunch of pictures, they arnt pro in anyway, but i hope you guy will enjoy them.

CAM00030 (Large).jpg
CAM00031 (Large).jpg
CAM00032 (Large).jpg
CAM00033 (Large).jpg
CAM00034 (Large).jpg
CAM00035 (Large).jpg
CAM00036 (Large).jpg
CAM00037 (Large).jpg
CAM00038 (Large).jpg
CAM00039 (Large).jpg
CAM00040 (Large).jpg
CAM00041 (Large).jpg
CAM00042 (Large).jpg
CAM00043 (Large).jpg
CAM00044 (Large).jpg
CAM00045 (Large).jpg
CAM00046 (Large).jpg
CAM00047 (Large).jpg
CAM00048 (Large).jpg
CAM00049 (Large).jpg
CAM00050 (Large).jpg
CAM00051 (Large).jpg
CAM00052 (Large).jpg
CAM00053 (Large).jpg
CAM00054 (Large).jpg
CAM00055 (Large).jpg

Well i thought a one stage Pierre that this was never going to be completed and now its done. Great job and still the attention to detail as always, i am very happy to see this my friend. I hope it works as good as it looks and your totally happy with the results. :thup:

Next to give it a work out and post some scores and let us know how it pro-forms with your games as well. ;) :shrug:

Regards,

Philip.

Faulty SSD? Man oh man you sir have the worst lucky. I remember a few months ago you had a bad MB, now recently a GPU and now a SSD? You sure there's no short anywhere? Are you rolling on your carpet right before you start you build? Maybe it's a faulty PSU? Bad ground off your wall? I don't know.

Back