• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Water-Cooled System picture thread v2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Great job everyone! weve got a talented group here at OCF! heres my rig finally close to completion. just missing one more fan.

Last edited:
Nice rig....

Check your GPU blocks. If those are the same EK blocks that I had on my 980ti, the flow in the bottom is reversed (Assuming flow is Rad -> CPU -> GPU -> GPU).
The flow needs to go through the jet plate to the cooling fins.
Mine was a reference PCB, so I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Nice rig....

Check your GPU blocks. If those are the same EK blocks that I had on my 980ti, the flow in the bottom is reversed (Assuming flow is Rad -> CPU -> GPU -> GPU).
The flow needs to go through the jet plate to the cooling fins.
Mine was a reference PCB, so I could be wrong.

Thanks for posting this Soulcatcher. This is something that has me thinking now. My original build used an EK-FC dual serial bridge. but looking at the design of these it appears that only one of the two GPU's would recieve water in from the "inlet" while the other GPU would receive water form the "outlet". I need to do more research on this apparently. I'll report back here with my findings. I'm guessing it doesn't make much difference.

they arent the same gpus. i started off with a GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB WINDFORCE 3X OC and had to get a EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB GAMING ACX 2.0+ because i couldnt find another gigabyte. they have different pcbs/blocks. i think the evga has a reference pcb but i dont remember tbh. i couldnt figure out a way to run the tubing from inlet to inlet so i ran it that way. temps are great with one idling now at 24c and the other at 25c. i played bf4 last night for about an hour and neither card broke 50c. so it isnt hurting performance, good ol ek blocks! tbh im pretty sure i ran my 580gtx set up the same way and the temps were about the same.

View attachment 195770

Specs:

CPU: Intel i7 7700K

GPU: Asus Strix 1080Ti

MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance Lpx 16gb kit 3200Mhz

MOBO: Asus Striz Z270e

CASE: Be Quiet Dark Base pro 900

PSU: Be Quiet straight power 10 700watt

Watercooling parts

CPU Block: EKWB Supremacy Evo nickel plexi

GPU Block: EKWB Strix 1080ti nickel plexi

(Kept the original backplate)

PUMP Res Combo: EKWB XRES Revo 140 D5 PWM and mounting bracket

TUBING & FITTINGS: Primochill 3/8” ID 1/2” OD tubing and Primochill Revolver fittings, angled adapters are from EK and the drain valve from xspc

RADIATORS & FANS:

Front - EKWB PE360 with Noctua Chromax fans

Top - EKWB CE280 with Be Quiet fans which came with the case

COOLANT: Distilled Water with drops of PT Nuke PHN

I was going to do a build log but tbh I got too much into the build and forgot to take many pictures.

This is my water cooled ryzen 5 1600 inside a phanteks p400s tempered glass edition case. Using mostly EK water cooling products.

Triple radiator in the front, had to compromise with a thin one as space was limited and is why I went for the triple rad.

Slightly annoyed I can’t connect the monoblock lighting yet but otherwise pretty happy.

b619d0b6ff3f8a62e078ae1a42d71021.jpg

3591bbf4273483d3b095507f2e94cab5.jpg

It's in an InWin 303 and Gray Scale is in a Phanteks Enthoo Pro M SE

On your Project Gray Scale, are you using Phanteks Halo lighting on the fans? Looks that way. Curious how it looks and if its the plastic or aluminum version.

Very nice ModPC. You should make your own thread/build log with lots of pics. This thread is mainly used for finished systems.

Back