• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Water-Cooled System picture thread v2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Speaking of old school diy loops, here's my first, looks rubbish, but it did run my 2.8 pressy @ 3.8ghz 24/7 back then, when everyone claimed they were too hot to oc :rofl: (the res was originally used for candy lol) :p
dsc00008.jpg

Nice work. :D Did the res ever leak, those sorts of connections seem difficult to keep water tight from others I've seen try the same - with flexing or any movement, they tend to get leaky.

No never leaked, but i did use a s... load of silicone to seal around the tubes, checked the date of the original photo, was older than i thought.... 2004 lol
PS it contained approx. 3.5l fluid :D
PPS too bad i dont have any pics of the res i id after that one, that was external and contained 11L

Making a Corsair H60 work hard

I got a Corsair H60 and got tired of the weak fan that came with it so I went out and got 2 Scythe Kaze Ultra's 3000rpm, now it keeps my i7 930 oc'd to 3.2 ghz at a nice 23 idle and 44 under load.

View attachment 108706

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a Corsair H60 and got tired of the weak fan that came with it so I went out and got 2 Scythe Kaze Ultra's 3000rpm, now it keeps my i7 930 oc'd to 3.2 ghz at a nice 23 idle and 44 under load.

attachment.php

Oh dear, but that is sexy! I've been wondering how that board looks especially with those RAM sticks... I may just have to upgrade my mobo and RAM now...

how is your coolant glowing so strongly in you block and rez? Is it UV mayhem stuff? cos its so bright, but its clear under normal light?

Looks like LEDs in the block and res (from what I can tell from the pics at least)

Back